The First Daffodil

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know that Spring is just barely trying to get started when I see -- The First Daffodil:

first-daffodil-2011.jpg

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Excellent ...
I love to see the first bloom around here. It usually gets some snow on it.. . :smile:KennyV

SallyA

Threads
It's been a long, aggravating winter. It's great to know that the first flowers of spring are up and blooming. I think I saw some Daffodil leaves coming up in our area a couple of days ago.

Shaun

Threads
I guess spring really is just around the corner then! Our dogwood tree in in the front yard has suddenly become covered in blooms I thought it was a little early but maybe not! :smile:

173abn

Threads
you southern folks are 2-3 weeks ahead of us here in the midwest. russ

AndyMan

Threads
Congratulations! I drove about 30 minutes south today and reached an area where the snow has melted enough to see some dirt. There were a few daffodil shoots - maybe 4-5" high. There is hope!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another indication that winter is almost over: we had severe thunderstorms today with tornado warnings. That doesn't happen in the middle of the winter.

Honey

Threads
I am jealous of your happiness. We are still buried under feet of snow and ice, we probably won't see flowers till June. It is nice to see others are not as bad off.

grnspot110

Threads
No blooms here yet, but the shoots were showing, before the last snow! :frown: ~~ grnspot110

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's that time again -- the first sign of Spring, 2012. I took this shot on Sunday, February 12th at my place in Cleburne County, AL. The temperature had been down to 8F the night before so this little daffodil had good reason to look a little droopy. :laughing:

first-daffodil-2012.jpg