The First Daffodil

Snapperfreak

Threads
well spring is a moving target here in sacramento but i always look foreward to it each year. some trees are bloomimg, was 48F and windy yesterday and supposed to be sunny and low 70s by the weekend. the smell of cut grass becomes more common, yard sales start popping up with hopefuly old eqipment/parts to be had for cheap. love mowing as much as i love cleaning my mowers...i'll even mow my neighbor's yard if i have the time. that's not too wierd.............is it?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
This little daffodil is all by itself, braving the cold. But I still take it as the first sign of spring.

daffodil-2013.JPG

Photo taken on March 3, 2013 in Cleburne County, Alabama.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Two-Stroke... Thank You Again for adding some Spring color to the forum.
There is standing snow where my flowers generally first show. So it may be just a bit before I see any here in Kansas...

This coming wkend is the Spring forward for daylight savings... so I have that reminder that Spring is about here. :smile:KennyV

Threads
Ours started coming up about a month ago, and are in bloom I just hope we dont get a late frost that kills them.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Naked Ladies have been up awhile here but they are green this time around. They don't get real neked until August on the second round as seen here. Strange plant.

Attachments

• Surprise lilys 8-5-05.jpg
    Surprise lilys 8-5-05.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 14

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tough to find them around here under three feet of snow and more on the way today. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I like it that way for now. Just got a phone call, going back to work after an eight week "vacation".

Threads
We got snow last night so I am waiting to see if our trees, and flowers survive.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I saw the first daffodil of the year on Sunday (March 8th) but since then I keep seeing dozens of them. I also see lots of birds which I think are migrating.

The first signs of spring always cheer me up. :cool:

And daylight savings time helps too.