Is your John Deere worth it?

Teddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've only owned my JD x310 for a couple weeks and only cut grass with it a couple times but I'm very impressed with it. The motor runs strong and quiet, the construction looks to be stout for a small tractor, and the mower deck is amazing, gives a great cut and practically cleans itself while mowing! Everymower I've owned before this one always had a thick layer of grass gunk under the deck when done mowing, but not my JD 42" deck. I think I'm going to be able to use is mower for a very long time and yes, it does indeed appear to be worth the cost.

PJ

Threads
John Deere is probably the best known, and the most expensive mower on the market. I love mine so much that I am looking to buy a new one. Anybody else think that the price is worth it?

Remember if you buy a john deere it not only the good piece of equipment that you get.. Think about the back-up service, warranty, spare parts for as long as you need it. not to mention the Forum with all it lovely members and the willingness to help and support. LOL

rogerb6

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a used L110 with 400 hours. I cut about 2 acres. It has performed flawless. Good buy for the money. I just got back from working a Massey Ferguson dealer show. Their Massey line of lawn tractors will give JD a run for the money. Dollar for dollar you will get an all steel machine, hood also, larger engine, tighter turning radius with the Massey, unfortunatly you will have to find an AGCO or Symplicity dealer. Not sold in the big box store.

Retiredcarguy

Threads
Their motto is so true... "Nothing runs like a Deere."

Hammerdown

Threads
Hello Guy's
I decided to set out and locate and Older John Deere Lawn & garden Tractor in nice shape, I did not like how the new ones were built they did not look as durable as the one's . I found a 1983 John Deere 318 at a John Deere dealership that looked good, ran Good and had a new Replacement deck on it of 48" width. They agreed to sell it to my whole sale @ $300.00 so home it came. That was seven Year's ago and I mowed with it every mowing season knocking down Two full acres of grass each week then decided it deserved to be restored. I ordered a Brand new Onan P-218 angine for it, stripped it to the rolling Chassis Painted all of it and put it back togther. That was a Year and a half ago and I have not had any issues with it since I restored it. In my Mind New is Not always Best I am Very happy with my Old 318 and have No Plan's on trading or replacing it. I Liked my 318 so well, That Late last winter I Picked up a 1991 John Deere 316 for my son in law and built it from the ground up. We both have Onan Powered John Deere's now and they work weekly as shown together restored. Regards, Hammerdown

004526.JPG

001736.JPG

002649.JPG

003600.JPG

2rr2nv15

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have a lot of time to review every post so my question is this,

What's so different between a D170 at Lowe's and a D170 at a reputable dealer (except price)? aren't they the same?

Scot "Z"

BillyP

Threads
I don't have a lot of time to review every post so my question is this,

What's so different between a D170 at Lowe's and a D170 at a reputable dealer (except price)? aren't they the same?

Scot "Z"

Even the price is the same at the dealer I use. No difference in the mowers.

Bones4Gold

Forum Newbie
Threads
My dad was a believer in spending less than $2,000 on a new riding mower. When he learned that I had bought a John Deere in 1999 that has hydraulic power steering, hydraulic deck lift and drive and had to finance it on top of that he thought I had gone off the deep end. Fast forward to 2018 and I still use the same machine which I meticulously maintain mainly because I am extremely fond of it. I know how expensive the parts are but oh how I cringe when I see someone cutting the grass on a machine with no hood. I have replaced a few parts over the years, mostly cosmetic. Because of that my 19 year old machine looks like I bought it last year. If I live long enough to wear the engine out I will think hard about replacing that too before I venture into the unknown and buy a new machine. Thanks for reading my post.