CMM1200 Won't Start After Blade replacement

Mogadishukim

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just paid for 2 new blades (B & D oem) for my mower, since I ran over a lot of 3/4 gravel a few years back and damaged the old . Needed a fresh blade to mow newly planted grass. My mower worked perfectly fine before. To change the blade, I set it on it's side, removed the blade and parts, then installed new one. Mower sat on its side overnight. Have I messed up the battery? The charger appeared to work as it changed from red to green after charging for over 4 hours.

Any ideas?

Mogadishukim

Forum Newbie
Threads
"Always read and follow instructions in owners/operators manual when changing blades, etc. Never leave mower on its side, always return mower to upright position after performing maintenance."

Thanks, Mechanic M ark Wish I could find the manual. Mower is probably close to 10 years old if not older, but has had some recall updates. Is this worth repairing since it has been a great mower thus far?

Are you saying it is a broken hinge pin on the switch lever or was that for another's post?

Kim

Mogadishukim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually, the recall covered this, and completely changed the switch to a side push button, grab bar start.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually, the recall covered this, and completely changed the switch to a side push button, grab bar start.

Not necessarily, but you need to check it out to see if it is the problem.

Mogadishukim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not necessarily, but you need to check it out to see if it is the problem.

I don't know what not necessarily refers to, but I guess I will take it in for repairs. The link you sent is not my starter mechanism. Mine was retrofitted with the new one that I described with the side button,not the side plastic pull lever. Can or do THOSE button start machines also have hinge pin issues? I turned it on the side where the starter mechanism was in the air, not on the ground and it worked perfectly prior to blade replacement.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't know what not necessarily refers to, but I guess I will take it in for repairs. The link you sent is not my starter mechanism. Mine was retrofitted with the new one that I described with the side button,not the side plastic pull lever. Can or do THOSE button start machines also have hinge pin issues? I turned it on the side where the starter mechanism was in the air, not on the ground and it worked perfectly prior to blade replacement.

Check out on/off switch visually, look for reset button near switch.

Mogadishukim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check out on/off switch visually, look for reset button near switch.

Nothing external. Perhaps opening the housing there is a reset button. I could have damaged the connector putting the key and/or charger in wrong, in which case I would need a replacement for that, I suppose.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing external. Perhaps opening the housing there is a reset button. I could have damaged the connector putting the key and/or charger in wrong, in which case I would need a replacement for that, I suppose.

Reset should be external. Check out electrical system with a multimeter tool. If you don't have a multimeter you can purchase one just about anywhere, check online for pricing. Instructions should be included.