Lawn Care pricing

jakesteel22

Threads
How do you guys price or estimate a lawn? Like for a mow and trim? Just want to see what other people prices are.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will get an endless amount of prices ranging from 20$ to 45$ (and even more) and many different opinions. It depends on so many factors: yard size, the equipment used, the economy in your area, the offer and the demand (we want an equilibrum price), the age of your clients, etc. A good rule of thumb is 1$/minute, but it can get excessive for let's say a long mowing job.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How do you guys price or estimate a lawn? Like for a mow and trim? Just want to see what other people prices are.

I think Lawnboy 18 pretty much covered it. Your pricing will depend on what your area can handle.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I forgot to mention that the average price for a lawn cut is something like 26.50$. Then again, we cannot be sure of this depending on how they came up to this result.

Mike88se

Threads
And then you get companies like this who think $19 is a good price for almost any lawn :thumbdown:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
And then you get companies like this who think $19 is a good price for almost any lawn :thumbdown:

Yea, that sucks! A 19$ cut could be acceptable for a very small lawn that takes about 15-20 minutes, but when it gets bigger it is just ridiculous and not worth it.

I read about that link and I don't quite understand at 100% how it all works, but someone is making money.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads

How do they do it for that price? You could always contact them to see if you can be contractor for them in your area for future mowing jobs.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
How do they do it for that price? You could always contact them to see if you can be contractor for them in your area for future mowing jobs.

I would never work for them!

They make money by having mowers close by. It is like a job bidding thing. They post an add for a lawn cut and the closest person takes the job thus already saving money (less travel time). Then I guess the person that created the website gets half. They say they pay 8$/9$ a person. It isn't that clear, but it seems a little strange. They say contractors will use this some times.

Threads
It says STARTING at $19, and if it's more than quarter acre, or the grass is higher than 3 inches, it goes up. :rolleyes: Personally I only cut at 3"!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yea, that sucks! A 19$ cut could be acceptable for a very small lawn that takes about 15-20 minutes, but when it gets bigger it is just ridiculous and not worth it.

I read about that link and I don't quite understand at 100% how it all works, but someone is making money.

This lawn care pricing thing has been an unanswered question for forever. There's to many factors and variables to consider for each business when estimating pricing. You have a business that get 25$ a cut another who gets 15$ a cut for the same lawn and both prices can be perfectly legit, it all comes down to how one wants to operate their business and how greedy they want to be.