Timing belt

Okeydokey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have bought my first petrol mower, its only new to me. Bit of a classic I suspect, though the badge says Flymo, I don't think they ever made one of these. Anyway the timing belt is about finished and I cannot find a model or genuine make for the mower. Any ideas how to get exactly the right belt with little or no information. Do I take the belt off and go round the shops asking, or is there an easier way?

Many thanks

Attachments

• flymo.JPG
    flymo.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 23
  • $_15.JPG
    $_15.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 28

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there any visible or stamped numbers on the belt anywhere? If not Id take it off and hit auto parts stores to get a replacement.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would contact Flymo at this website with your pictures. They should be able to help you.

Flymo

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
If you need a new one just take it of an go to a small engine or au
to shop an have it measured :thumbsup:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
okey...If all else fails ...Take string and loop it tight 'round the bare pulleys. Measure. Determine the belt configuration-?V?-flat? Width. If V try to measure the angle and thickness. Go on line and you will find numerous vendors offering charts with the specs. Assuming you have some means of slack adjustment add and inch or so to the length. If no adjustment (install like a bike chain) go with the net measurement as most belts will stretch slightly in use. I'm using this approach on a modified auto belt search.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
okey...If all else fails ...Take string and loop it tight 'round the bare pulleys. Measure. Determine the belt configuration-?V?-flat? Width. If V try to measure the angle and thickness. Go on line and you will find numerous vendors offering charts with the specs. Assuming you have some means of slack adjustment add and inch or so to the length. If no adjustment (install like a bike chain) go with the net measurement as most belts will stretch slightly in use. I'm using this approach on a modified auto belt search.

Ps. If you are referring to the belt you show us in the pic, it is a V and should not be hard to replace. Looks to be a "drive" belt.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take the mower to napa and they will take.care of.you .