How did you get your first mower?

mois25

Threads
I tend to be the lazy type when it comes to shopping and I was wondering if I will be able to get my first ever mower without any help.

Did you seek expert advice when buying yours or simply walked to the nearest and went on to purchase your first mower?

AndyMan

Threads
My first mower was my Dad's. He was getting a new one, so I got his old one. It was the one I used to use to mow his yard, so I already knew how to use it.

If you don't like shopping or don't know where to start, just wait till spring and walk into any home improvement shop. They'll have mowers everywhere and you can take your pick. Pick something cheap. Once you get it home and decide you don't like it, you'll have a better idea of what you liked and what you didn't like, and it will help you know what questions to ask the next time.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's an interesting question..
It's been so many years ago I don't remember the first... But I'm sure it would have been a used one... (likely very used)... :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I remember it well
I went to home depot for something...I don't remember what, and on the way into the store one of the employees handed me a football out in the parking lot.
Stop me if this happened to you as well......

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I asked some friends for advice but for the most part just kind of grabbed whatever I thought. I tend to do that a lot, and lucky for me it worked out okay. I tend to rush into things because I don't like standing around in stores too long lol.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I asked some friends for advice but for the most part just kind of grabbed whatever I thought. I tend to do that a lot, and lucky for me it worked out okay. I tend to rush into things because I don't like standing around in stores too long lol.

I got my first mower as a gift from my dad, he knew I didn't have enough money to buy one, he went to Monkey Ward back in '75 and bought a push mower, gave it to me with the condition I had to keep his two apartment buildings mowed. I didn't take very good care of it, being young and stupid at the time.

BGC

Threads
My first mower was my grandfathers. He had bought a newer one after he got older and I would cut his grass for him. The first one I ever bought was the same brand but I wasn't sure what I was doing either.

Shaun

Threads
Our first was a Home Depot purchase a few years ago and it still runs like a champ. My wife and I kidded around that it was our first "grown-up" purchase!

BGC

Threads
I get mine from Home Depot now or the local tractor store now. It is amazing how much we learn about mowers as we get older. I still have the old one as a keep sake does that make me a hoarder? lol