Starting a lawn care business

LawnBoy97

Threads
I used to use the same concept for my yard sign. Packaging tape so it could stay outside. Just remember to start taping from the bottom so it's like shingles on a roof. But now that I had them done professionally (but for like $60:confused2:) I won't go back. But for small signs on a stake it's a great idea. :thumbsup:

Me and my partner had two signs made by Vistaprint, but I'm too afraid that they'll get stolen to put them anywhere other than my front yard. We might have to try putting them somewhere else to get more customers, though.

Threads
Me and my partner had two signs made by Vistaprint, but I'm too afraid that they'll get stolen to put them anywhere other than my front yard. We might have to try putting them somewhere else to get more customers, though.

Yeah a local place made mine, and I just keep it in my yard, also. I might put it on my trailer gate this year for advertising when at jobs.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have not run into anybody on here that utilizes Facebook but that is almost solely where I advertise. We live on a rural area in South West Alabama. I started up in August 2012. At the end of the season I was cutting 38 yards. Some of them several acres. Almost all of the work we got was either from Facebook or a recommendation from a customer we already had that we got from Facebook. For our area we got a pretty good bit of work that way.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah a local place made mine, and I just keep it in my yard, also. I might put it on my trailer gate this year for advertising when at jobs.

If you want something for your vehicle or trailer you can get those magnetic signs, 14"x 24" for like 60$ they work well for advertising.

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
Do not use magnetic signs it sends message you are not serious or full time letter your truck and trailer or vehicle wrap.

Parkmower

Threads
Do not use magnetic signs it sends message you are not serious or full time letter your truck and trailer or vehicle wrap.

Yes but certain towns like mine have ordinances against having commercial vehicles in yr driveway. If your work truck doubles as yr personal vehicle or you don't have a place to store a work truck the magnetic signs allow you take off yr business logos and park in yr driveway.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes but certain towns like mine have ordinances against having commercial vehicles in yr driveway. If your work truck doubles as yr personal vehicle or you don't have a place to store a work truck the magnetic signs allow you take off yr business logos and park in yr driveway.

So you pay for your house and land and someone tells you you can not park your work truck in your own driveway?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I've used magnetic signs for years and I really don't know where you get the idea it sends a message that your not serious, that just doesn't make sense. The only thing it may show is you may be a little cheaper than the guy with a pretty painted truck full of advertisements he has to pay for.

I have to remove magnetic signs for just that reason, I can't have a commercial vehicle or Recreational Vehicle parked in my drive. They also have ordinances about parking on streets in one spot for over 30 minutes at a time. I can't have a utility shed or have a trailer or car parked on my lawn either.

Last edited:

Parkmower

Threads
So you pay for your house and land and someone tells you you can not park your work truck in your own driveway?

Correct. They cannot be parked in front. It doesn't affect me as I do not take work trucks home. Although there are rural sections of the town where it's prob not a big deal, I live in a developed area. And don't know if anyone's ever been ticketed.