What kind of oil would be correct for an air compressor like this?

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / What kind of oil would be correct for an air compressor like this?
I say any air compressor oil would work. TSC sells the Ingersol compressor oil and walmart has compressor oil also by super tech.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like davbell22602 said, any compressor oil will work... But if you can find it use synthetic like this at TSC...
Ingersoll Rand All Season Select Oil, 1 Liter - Tractor Supply Co.
If you are running it a LOT then once a year will be fine, if it is running only occasionally you will be fine once every several years. There is No carbon ever entering your compressor oil, the only contaminant will be moisture & things in the air, synthetic will deal with that fairly well... :smile:KennyV

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Like davbell22602 said, any compressor oil will work... But if you can find it use synthetic like this at TSC...
Ingersoll Rand All Season Select Oil, 1 Liter - Tractor Supply Co.
If you are running it a LOT then once a year will be fine, if it is running only occasionally you will be fine once every several years. There is No carbon ever entering your compressor oil, the only contaminant will be moisture & things in the air, synthetic will deal with that fairly well... :smile:KennyV

Thanks. It will be running a good bit this winter then very little probably in the Summer.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My air compressor has to be close to 50 years old. It has been used very heavy through the years and real hard when I was doing body work. Every few years I would change the oil and all I ever used was 10w30 motor oil.. It works as good now as the day I bought it. I also only run my air compressor at 125 psi.

possum

Threads
I think I have seen a good many different ways. Every one of them worked. Most of those cheap compressors rust the tanks out long before the pump goes. Synthetic oil helps in the winter for sure. More than likely its better anytime. The synthetic compressor oils are supposed to be real good these days. I have seen many ran on Mobile One long before I ever saw a bottle of synthetic compressor oil. All the construction sites used it as well as the outfits that go around with a compressor outfit strapped to the side of a service truck year round. My uncle ran a gas station for 40 years and only used only Amolube non detergeant. I use a compressor oil of some kind. I change it every year. I drain for water every three months. PS Check your air filter. Clean if need be and replace if eaten by mice. Keep an eye out for a missing filter and mud dauber nest. Pack rats love those filters. Read your directions.