Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?

Which Type of Gas Would you Buy for Your 2 Cycle Equipment?

• Regular Non Ethanol

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • 93 With Ethanol

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 89 With Ethanol

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?
Regular non ethanol or 93 with ethanol?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run 89 with ethonol should add.that to vote

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
89 with ethanol In everything

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run 93 with ethanol in everything including the truck.

Mike88se

Threads
I've never had a problem with 87 but I've only been mowing for 3 to 4 years. Are these engines designed for premium gas? Coming from a car background, the only engines that need premium are high compression/high horsepower engines. The reason for that is to deter pre-detonation. Higher octane gas burns slower. In a car this might mean incomplete combustion and deposits and frequent cat and o2 sensor replacement. Premium gas needs high compression to burn completely. Running premium in the average car/truck engine is not only a waste of money, it also has a possibility of harming your engine with carbon deposits etc.
Back to the point... I don't know that these engines are high compression. I'd guess that the fact they are air cooled and have oil mixed in the fuel would affect things too.
Bottom line, I do think that the ethanol is a bigger factor than the octane rating.

briggs

Threads
high test all the way

Parkmower

Threads
I've never had a problem with 87 but I've only been mowing for 3 to 4 years. Are these engines designed for premium gas? Coming from a car background, the only engines that need premium are high compression/high horsepower engines. The reason for that is to deter pre-detonation. Higher octane gas burns slower. In a car this might mean incomplete combustion and deposits and frequent cat and o2 sensor replacement. Premium gas needs high compression to burn completely. Running premium in the average car/truck engine is not only a waste of money, it also has a possibility of harming your engine with carbon deposits etc.
Back to the point... I don't know that these engines are high compression. I'd guess that the fact they are air cooled and have oil mixed in the fuel would affect things too.
Bottom line, I do think that the ethanol is a bigger factor than the octane rating.

This is why I run regular old 87 in everything. This is another topic like "what oil or brand mower" but your explanation is the reason I run what I run.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run 87 with Ethanol in my Kubota ZG most of the time. I run non ethanol in my hand held and my Crapsman tractor. I also have run both in my generator and in my Tiller.

panabiker

Threads
I use 87 octane with unspecified amount of ethanol (hopefully less than 20%).