Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?

Which Type of Gas Would you Buy for Your 2 Cycle Equipment?

• Regular Non Ethanol

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • 93 With Ethanol

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 89 With Ethanol

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

X-man

Threads
  • / Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?
87 w/ ethonol. Anything higher is a waste of money.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
87 w/ ethonol. Anything higher is a waste of money.

Stihl and others recommend 89 or more if you want your warranty you run what they recommend. We try to run 93 or higher No ethanol in all of our handheld equipment.

X-man

Threads
Stihl and others recommend 89 or more if you want your warranty you run what they recommend. We try to run 93 or higher No ethanol in all of our handheld equipment.

Around here it's either ethanol or you're s**t out of luck.

Ryan Rognstad

Threads
Anything with ethanol gumms the crap out of small carbs on a larger vehicle it is probably ok but you have to worry when Germany fought for the longest time to prevent the import of ethanol in worries that it would damage German engines and I'm guessing Mercedes knows what they are talking about. I always use PRE Mix 93 or 94 octane Echo or Husqvarna brand I mean its worth it in the long run. Also you can still purchase ethanol free fuel at marathon and most shells just go in and ask which pump is ethanol free I always try to anyways corn doesn't belong in an engine it belongs in the belly of that piece of NY strip Im going to have for dinner tonight :):cool:

X-man

Threads
Anything with ethanol gumms the crap out of small carbs on a larger vehicle it is probably ok but you have to worry when Germany fought for the longest time to prevent the import of ethanol in worries that it would damage German engines and I'm guessing Mercedes knows what they are talking about. I always use PRE Mix 93 or 94 octane Echo or Husqvarna brand I mean its worth it in the long run. Also you can still purchase ethanol free fuel at marathon and most shells just go in and ask which pump is ethanol free I always try to anyways corn doesn't belong in an engine it belongs in the belly of that piece of NY strip Im going to have for dinner tonight :):cool:

For as much as I say "I hate ethanol", I honestly haven't seen a regularly-ran carburetor gummed up due to ethanol yet.

over40mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ethanol free for me.
Run my outboard in Reg, but switch to Ethanol free when flushing motor.
On roto tiller not used very often, I shut fuel off, and run carb dry.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just to point out that you need to make sure you know what octane rating system the manufacturer is using in their recommendation. This is often overlooked. Most countries use a different rating system (RON) than the USA and Canada (AKI). So if the manufacturer recommends fuel with a RON octane rating of 89 or more, 87 octane fuel in the USA and Canada will easily meet that requirement. Basically, the USA/Canada octane numbers are 4 to 6 less than elsewhere in the world for the same fuel.

I run 89 octane with ethanol (UP TO 10%) in my mowers and my frequently used string trimmers and backpack blowers and non-ethanol canned fuel in my seldom used small equipment such as hedge trimmers and chain saws. Non-ethanol fuel is not available at the pump in my region and I'd go broke running canned fuel in all of my equipment at the rate I use it.

Russ2251

Threads
Any regular pump gas suits me just fine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The age is far far far far far more important than what grade it is.
Most hand helds have small tanks so buying a gallon of fuel that will sit in the shed for 3 years is the big no no.
I no longer sell 1 gallon 2 stroke fuel cans and have gone down to selling 1 liter ( quart to some ) cans for customers to mix their fuel.
In high temp, high humidity enviroments some fuels will go bad in less than a month.

Lawn Addict
Threads

X2 :thumbsup: