Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?

Which Type of Gas Would you Buy for Your 2 Cycle Equipment?

• Regular Non Ethanol

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • 93 With Ethanol

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 89 With Ethanol

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

Raw Dodge

Threads
  • / Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?
Never use ethanol gas when you have non ethanol available in
priced close...especially in small 2 cycles.. Ethanol drawers water and moisture and quickly deteriorates gas lines and carburetors sometimesin as little as 30 days of nonuse...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Never use ethanol gas when you have non ethanol available in
priced close...especially in small 2 cycles.. Ethanol drawers water and moisture and quickly deteriorates gas lines and carburetors sometimes in as little as 30 days of non use...

When you say never use ethanol gas when you have non ethanol available is fine but what do you do when you can't find it or E10 anymore. Then what?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you say never use ethanol gas when you have non ethanol available is fine but what do you do when you can't find it or E10 anymore. Then what?

Lol all machines will crumpled into nothingness not a single carb remaining all will be forced to.buy all brand new top.end equipment with new technology because all the older carbs will be destroyed all cars pre 2015 will be junk or people will learn.how to maintain

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
So is the 93 vpower with ethanol safe to use on small engines without harm?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lol all machines will crumpled into nothingness not a single carb remaining all will be forced to.buy all brand new top.end equipment with new technology because all the older carbs will be destroyed all cars pre 2015 will be junk or people will learn.how to maintain

Your LOL but I kinda have too laugh with you because what you say with the exception of all cars pre 2015 will be junk and maintaining them is about right. I don't agree with the car thing because the FFV's have been out since around 2008 and as far as working on one :laughing: that would be a nightmare.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your LOL but I kinda have too laugh with you because what you say with the exception of all cars pre 2015 will be junk and maintaining them is about right. I don't agree with the car thing because the FFV's have been out since around 2008 and as far as working on one :laughing: that would be a nightmare.

I don't know if e85 goes mainstream and we can't find e10 anymore I'm not sure older carbed cars can stand up I know my old 82 celica.wouldn't

Mike88se

Threads
So is the 93 vpower with ethanol safe to use on small engines without harm?
I don't think it's gonna hurt anything Dave. Maybe your wallet a bit ;)
I don't know if gas is available here w/o ethanol unless you get it at the race track or one or the stations that carry race gas. Not putting $10 a gallon 115 in my small engines :O
I don't know if e85 goes mainstream and we can't find e10 anymore I'm not sure older carbed cars can stand up I know my old 82 celica.wouldn't
We could write our congresscritters but mine only listens to oil companies and the corn lobby. Yours too most likely.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Well I don't think there's much doubt that E85 will be mainstream and E 10 will disappear. With more than 3000 stations throughout the US already selling E85 I'd say It's already here. The Only reason your not seeing it in more stations is because they don't have enough pumps at the moment for all the stations in the country. In actuality from what I can gather E85 will be a better fuel alternative as they say than the E10. As far as your older cars go without a major conversion I would guess they wont burn the E 85. If you go to a gas station and you see Gas pumps with the yellow handles, that will or should be your E85. I do believe with the amount of the FFV you see now in dealerships and on the road it will be our mainstream gas sooner than most think.

panabiker

Threads
Well I don't think there's much doubt that E85 will be mainstream and E 10 will disappear. .

I cannot imagine that the mainstream gasoline supply will become E85. How much corn would that require? And according to many analysis (except those funded by ethanol lobbying), making ethanol from corn is very inefficient and requires up to half a gallon or more of fossil fuel to produce one gallon of ethanol. It's not overall greener than gasoline. Besides, the US is producing more oil than it can consume now.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I cannot imagine that the mainstream gasoline supply will become E85. How much corn would that require? And according to many analysis (except those funded by ethanol lobbying), making ethanol from corn is very inefficient and requires up to half a gallon or more of fossil fuel to produce one gallon of ethanol. It's not overall greener than gasoline. Besides, the US is producing more oil than it can consume now.

It sure looks that way, seeing that most all the car dealers now have or are prepared for E85 with there FFV's there selling and with the stations popping up more and more all the time I'd say there's a good chance especially if they do away with the E10. It just doesn't make sense to me that if it wasn't going that way why Ford, GM, and Chrysler are already selling FFV's and have been for a while?