HRX217HYA storage

ejudgie

Threads
Completed my first year with the HRX217HYA . Wondering what everyone's experience has been with going through the storage steps for the HRX217HYA that are specified in the manual. Specifically:

1) I won't be using mine again until Late March/April (more than 3 month), should I drain the remaining gas out and then start it to let it run out of gas completely and then turn off the gas line one last time?
2) Does everyone put a teaspoon of oil in the spark plug hole? Sounds like just pulling the starter rope a few times to lubricate the cylinder is what they want. Then after installing the spark plug, something about pulling the starter rope until resistance is felt and returning gently. Does everyone do this?
3) I will clean everything with a damp rag and then store it in my basement.

With specific instructions I can do basic stuff but I am no expert with these things. Is this something I can do or should I bring it to a lawn mower service place?

Anything else I should do?

Thanks,
Ed

bwdbrn1

Threads
Just following the storage instructions in the owner's manual is good. You can easily do it yourself.

ejudgie

Threads
Ok, with the fuel value ON/OPEN, I ran the lawn mower until it ran out of gas. I then turned the fuel value OFF. Should I be good for the fuel system shutdown?

bwdbrn1

Threads
Yep, according to what I read in the manual you should.

Threads
Ok, with the fuel value ON/OPEN, I ran the lawn mower until it ran out of gas. I then turned the fuel value OFF. Should I be good for the fuel system shutdown?

That's what I'm going to do. :thumbsup:

NJsnapper

Threads
On my two Honda's It depends on how much gas is in the tank at the end of the season on whether I run it dry or put in Ethanol type Stabil in the tank. In the case where I do the stabil in the tank, I close off the valve with the engine running till it stalls. In both cases I then remove the bolt on the bottom of the float bowl to drain any of the gas left in the carb. Don't do anything with the cylinder and oil in it. I do store them in the warm dry basement though