Need a shed

greengrass

Threads
Right now I am really debating either buying a pre-made, the supplies only or a fully made shed. We need somewhere to put all the stuff we have been stocking up on. I am trying to get a pro/con list but it seems all three are tied, how do I break the tie?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a few places that make sheds and deliver - I found that I could custom order what I wanted and have it set in place actually cheaper than I could get materials.

If you have places like that near you -- save the time and labor -- If you want to do something that they won't or can't do --- ???

For me, in this area, it did not make sense to build it myself.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I would shop around. Sometimes you can find really great deals on sheds that are already made. Other times, it's better to build it yourself. It really depends on your budget, how much time you want to put into the project etc.

Harriet

Threads
Any kind of construction or construction related project we ever looked into cost 60 per cent more than if we did it ourselves. If you have the skills, I'd say you can get more for your money if you build one.

monica123

Threads
We need a new one too, one to put our garbage cans in and big enough to store shovels and rakes and stuff, perhaps in the top of it. I have been looking at pre built ones, but they start at about $3000

mois25

Threads
If there is a tie, then go for something that you will spend your time on and customize to meet the conditions you want. Most of the pre-made ones will cost more than what you will estimate in the beginning.

NickNack

Threads
Keep an eye out for deals, especially if there is one in particular you like. You may also see if one of your neighbors is building a new one, he might sell you his old one for cheap.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have the tools, time and the ability... the do it yourself is going to allow you to build a more customized, personalized shed, exactly where you want it... and you will be able to pick superior materials to construct with... :smile:KennyV