Thatch removal

LoCo86

Threads
Does any one use a de-thatcher and or offer it in their services. I have one ( homemade) and can't seem to sell the service to anyone. Just glad I don't have any money tied into this piece of equipment just my time.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a small one and make good money every spring about 100 a yard

LoCo86

Threads
I have a small one and make good money every spring about 100 a yard

My problem is my clients either don't understand or see the benefit of having their yard de-thatched. I've tried to explain it to them without seeming pushy the benefit of removing the thatch but they don't go for it. But I don't have any money invested in this equipment so I can't really complain to much. Currently I just use it on my yard and my parents yard ( do it for free of course) prior to the mowing season and again in the fall after all the leaves have been removed just for good measure.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My problem is my clients either don't understand or see the benefit of having their yard de-thatched. I've tried to explain it to them without seeming pushy the benefit of removing the thatch but they don't go for it. But I don't have any money invested in this equipment so I can't really complain to much. Currently I just use it on my yard and my parents yard ( do it for free of course) prior to the mowing season and again in the fall after all the leaves have been removed just for good measure.

Make a nice.brocher with some information you carefully research online and hand it to them to have don't sell it untill they read it a while later so you don't seem pushy. I have also taken customers th their .lawn and used a hard rake on a spot to show them how much thatch and moss is in there most the time they don't even know the extent of it untill they see it themself or there grass starts dying

LoCo86

Threads
Make a nice.brocher with some information you carefully research online and hand it to them to have don't sell it untill they read it a while later so you don't seem pushy. I have also taken customers th their .lawn and used a hard rake on a spot to show them how much thatch and moss is in there most the time they don't even know the extent of it untill they see it themself or there grass starts dying

I have shown them just so some of them would understand what I was talking about. As far a brochures go I only use those (rarely) to attract new customers. I sell my business as not being a business but as a friendly advisor who performs lawn care , but with the underlying understanding that what I do is to make money. Which is why I don't want to seem pushy or make them feel uncomfortable to the point where they feel they have to go with whatever services I suggest.

Note: I only use this method on residential clients only. As far as commercial and or industrial jobs go it's an obvious understanding that we are both businesses arbitrating with one another for a contract, but we do it with a smile.