Utility trailer size for gravely pro turn

zoris

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just joined this forum today and am looking at zero turn mowers. I think I have made up my mind and going for a gravely pro turn 52. My question is will this mower fit on a 5 x 8 utility trailer.
Thanks for all response .

Dale

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
it should with about 2-3 inches on each side :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just joined this forum today and am looking at zero turn mowers. I think I have made up my mind and going for a gravely pro turn 52. My question is will this mower fit on a 5 x 8 utility trailer.
Thanks for all response .

Dale

Well you have a 52" deck and 5 feet is 60" so yes it will fit but it's not going to leave you a lot of room for anything else. I haul a 48" ztr on a 6x12 and it doesn't leave me a lot of room on the sides of the mower. I guess if it would work or not would depend on what you're intending to do with it. The other thing you may want to consider is the weight rating on the trailer.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I haul a 48 on a 5x10 I would not want to have to load and unload one 4 inches wider.

LoCo86

Threads
I just joined this forum today and am looking at zero turn mowers. I think I have made up my mind and going for a gravely pro turn 52. My question is will this mower fit on a 5 x 8 utility trailer. Thanks for all response . Dale

Yes, it will fit on the trailer. I'm sure for that size trailer the axle weight rating is 3500 lbs so you should be good in that aspect as well. But one thing you should be mindful of is that if the floor of your trailer is made of metal mesh. If you plan on hauling this mower around a lot the metal mesh flooring will start to sag where the drive wheels go and potentially poke a hole in the tires. So just keep a eye on that. If it does show signs of wear its a simple fix.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, it will fit on the trailer. I'm sure for that size trailer the axle weight rating is 3500 lbs so you should be good in that aspect as well. But one thing you should be mindful of is that if the floor of your trailer is made of metal mesh. If you plan on hauling this mower around a lot the metal mesh flooring will start to sag where the drive wheels go and potentially poke a hole in the tires. So just keep a eye on that. If it does show signs of wear its a simple fix.

The Load capacity on that 5x8 will only be around 1500lbs especially if it's a wire mesh, there going to have like 13" tires. My 6x12 Triple crown has a axle weight rating of 3600lbs. If it's a wire mesh I don't think I would even consider loading that mower in that trailer considering the mower going to weigh like 1000lbs. Like I said it would depend on his intentions, is he leaving it on the trailer all the time? Is he going to use it for lawn-care or just around his property? Is he going to be loading other equipment also? There is a lot of things to consider.

Last edited:

zoris

Forum Newbie
Threads
i just purchased a gravely pro turn zt with 52" deck today( can't wait to use it). I will be using this for just my own property (3 acres). I have a small suv that has a tow capacity of 1500 lbs.
I need a trailer just to haul mower very seldom to dealer and other light jobs. The 5 x 8 with mesh floor weighs in about 350 with GVWR of 2000 lbs. The gravely pro turn 52 weights about 900 lbs. This would work and the price is right for the trailer.
This is why I am hoping the 52 inch deck on the pro turn will be able to be loaded when needed for service or repairs to dealer.
Thanks to all for the advice and opinions.

Dale

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
i just purchased a gravely pro turn zt with 52" deck today( can't wait to use it). I will be using this for just my own property (3 acres). I have a small suv that has a tow capacity of 1500 lbs.
I need a trailer just to haul mower very seldom to dealer and other light jobs. The 5 x 8 with mesh floor weighs in about 350 with GVWR of 2000 lbs. The gravely pro turn 52 weights about 900 lbs. This would work and the price is right for the trailer.
This is why I am hoping the 52 inch deck on the pro turn will be able to be loaded when needed for service or repairs to dealer.
Thanks to all for the advice and opinions.

Dale

To save your floor if u want you can put wood over it (all the way down) an it should not put any weight on the mesh :thumbsup:

edd

Threads
it will work......drill a hole in your chute flap and attach a string so you can pull it up when loading and unloading