What to do with 2 week customers?

mikec280

Threads
Hi I'm new to this forum and have found very useful info on here.

I have 26 customers and all but 3, want their yards cut every 2 weeks. I would prefer to cut more often to make more profit. How without being an *** could I do this and what do you guys do in cases of this with your business?
I'm just trying to find ways(along with adding more customers) to make more profit.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have 26 customers and all but 3, want their yards cut every 2 weeks. I would prefer to cut more often to make more profit. How without being an *** could I do this and what do you guys do in cases of this with your business?
I'm just trying to find ways(along with adding more customers) to make more profit.

How much are you charging for very two weeks?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

Make A 12 month contract tell your customers they pay the same amount per month for more mowing but just spread out if that doesn't work hit the yards hard with fertilizer and tell them you have to start charging over growth fees if they don't let you now more often

mikec280

Threads
Well in the beginning I agreed on every 2 weeks as I was trying to build my business. But as it went on its became annoying. The grass honestly is fine at every 2 weeks but still lol. Most I have at $35 some at $60-$70 depending on yard size. I live in WV so the grass only grows April-October so making a 12 month contract wouldn't make sense for me.

mikec280

Threads
I'm afraid if I charge per month and we have a small drought and it doesn't need cut for as much as they were charged I can see some irate customers adding up.

Threads
I would say explain to them that you can make it look nicer if you cut it weekly, because the grass gets too long, but then you said it is fine after 2 weeks. :rolleyes: Maybe have some sort of discount/offer if they switch over to weekly, but make sure you still make enough money from that service.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm afraid if I charge per month and we have a small drought and it doesn't need cut for as much as they were charged I can see some irate customers adding up.

I would be charging by the cut and billing by the month. What ever your weekly cuts are I'd double that rate for the bi-weekly cuts and explain to them that you can't do it or charge like you were because your not covering your overhead. I personally stay away from bi-weekly cuts because you don't make any money to start with and there more of a PITA than what there worth. All my lawns are weekly, I just tell Bi-weekly people nicely sorry you'll have to find someone else.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tell them it promotes root formation and gives you a thicker lawn thus having a nicer yard.

LoCo86

Threads
I would be charging by the cut and billing by the month. What ever your weekly cuts are I'd double that rate for the bi-weekly cuts and explain to them that you can't do it or charge like you were because your not covering your overhead. I personally stay away from bi-weekly cuts because you don't make any money to start with and there more of a PITA than what there worth. All my lawns are weekly, I just tell Bi-weekly people nicely sorry you'll have to find someone else.

Couldn't have said it any better. Most people who want their yards done every other week are the same people who let their bushes get overgrown and then ask you to cut them. Those type of people are not worth mowing for.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We are faced with that as well. Problem is either cut them every two weeks or they find somebody else. Because it rained so much this summer we cut hay most of the summer instead of cutting grass. Most of the yards here have Bahia grass in them as well. Needless to say you go through some blades.