Offer on a new Gravely 260 60"

mormonsniper

Threads
Out the door, at $8100. This is a new "last years model". More mower by far than I'll need on my yard, but I do help with the easement to my house, with my neighbor. It's a tank. I've never owned a ZT and just drove my first one today. What does the hive mind think? Perhaps I could "rent" it out like a time share condo or something....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks,

ms

pete326

Threads
That's a lot of mower and a lot of money. How much grass do you have to cut?

mormonsniper

Threads
I have just an acre. The easement is about a quarter of a mile long. Here in North Florida, I just about have to cut my grass every 4 days, or I should. It grows that fast in the "growing season". It's finally slowed this past week with the cooler
temperatures.

edd

Threads
that is a lot of mower for a little cutting.....no more hours than you will put on it the resale value should be high.......several lesser mowers would do that work

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Out the door, at $8100. This is a new "last years model". More mower by far than I'll need on my yard, but I do help with the easement to my house, with my neighbor. It's a tank. I've never owned a ZT and just drove my first one today. What does the hive mind think? Perhaps I could "rent" it out like a time share condo or something....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks,

ms

I think I'd like too know which 260 were talking about, the Pro Turn or Pro Ride?

mormonsniper

Threads
This is a Pro Turn 260 XDZ. It lists "on sale" at $9199.00 with the FX751.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is a Pro Turn 260 XDZ. It lists "on sale" at $9199.00 with the FX751.

If it list for 9199$ it's not that great a deal at $8100 if it's a last years model he has another 1000$ to play with and still make money. That mower on sale should be around $8300, you should be getting that mower for around $7199 easy. You can do better or buy a better mower for your $8100. You can buy the Pro Turn 260 XDZ 2013 new for $8599 so really how good a deal is $8100 for last years

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7867011

Last edited:

mormonsniper

Threads
Thanks. I'd already decided not to get the 260. Unless something changes, I'll opt for a slightly smaller mower.

Hustling

Threads
Thanks. I'd already decided not to get the 260. Unless something changes, I'll opt for a slightly smaller mower.

Go search Tractorhouse.com they have new and used. Some low hour stuff for about 4K range you could own a low hour commercial Z that would handle more than an acre.

I found a low hour (480hr) Grasshopper 722d for $5,800 out there and bought it. New, that is about a $12K mower and will last 5,000+ hours. I would never spend that on a new mower.

Also, keep in mind the northern states are not even thinking about mowing right now - some really great deals if you want to go north.

If you like mowing buy a smaller mower (takes longer but you don't mind), if you don't like mowing, nothing wrong with buying a bigger machine than you need - you are done quicker.

possum

Threads
If you are going to spend 8 grand on a mower then get real good no questions asked insurance on it. Those high priced ones walk off to the salvage yard or get shipped to some other state in trade for something else just as often as a cheap one. If you loan or rent out nice machines do not be upset when they come back not as nice. Or with less parts than before. Or they just never come back.