What oil to use

fishbone

Threads
First oil change coming up for my Z123 -48 Kubota.
I'm thinking of using Mobile1 10-30 oil.
Any thoughts on why not, or other oil brand/w?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just prefer Amsoil myself but I also have a good source to buy it from. There is nothing wrong with Mobile 1 seeing it a synthetic oil. I also find nothing wrong with standard oil, but you just change it more often. You are going to find no one agrees on what oil to use, so use what you want. Change it once a season with average use and keep the oil level to the full mark with what ever you use.

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
First oil change coming up for my Z123 -48 Kubota. I'm thinking of using Mobile1 10-30 oil. Any thoughts on why not, or other oil brand/w?
I buy the Kubota brand oil from the dealer Reason - so if there ever was a engine problem they cannot void warranty saying my fault I used crappy oil. Learned this from shindaiwa they want to claim every warranty item is my fault ethanol gas and not cover under warranty. Currently exploring new brand of trimmers

fishbone

Threads
Using the manufacture's oil is a good way to go. But they buy it from a major (hopefully) oil company.
Mobil1 comes from a company with major research operations and I feel it's one of the top engineered products.
Now all I need to do is collect used Kubota oil cans and store in a bag.:laughing:

Raw Dodge

Threads
I'd use conventional oil and buy from dealer,as stated above,for warranty purposes, once you get 100 hrs on it,switch to Mobil 1 or any other synthetic,you want to run the engine in with conventional oil..

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have over 200 hours on both my Kubotas and have been using Kubota oil. I do not want a warranty problem because of the oil I use. Changing at the intervals it says in the manual the oil does not look bad at changes. Both of mine run under brutal conditions at times.