In About 12 Seconds and No Tools

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can have my lawn tractor battery out. Rotate the C clamps vertical to create carrying handles.

Those battery posts will never see a bolt again. Did I say never again.:laughing:

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 45
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 37

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks to be a handy connector method if you have adequate clearance... :smile:KennyV

noma

Threads
sandburRanch

Looks good can't believe it,why do we remove this battery for all the time?:eek:

mois25

Threads
Interesting stuff....we all have unique ways of doing things. Thank you for sharing this out..how did you manage to figure that out? I am curious.

Harriet

Threads
That is quite ingenious and clever. Good on you! (With that kind of speed you could be part of one of the pit crews for NASCAR!)

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting stuff....we all have unique ways of doing things. Thank you for sharing this out..how did you manage to figure that out? I am curious.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being tired of the aggravation that is sometimes associated with battery connections I guess it's back to the old saying "necessity is the mother of invention" or something to that effect.

My late FIL gave me a half dozen of those clamps about 40 years ago and they just stayed in a drawer mostly until they were called upon to solve this problem. I've been known not to throw anything away.:laughing:

It just so happened that duct tape didn't make the cut this time.:biggrin:

BGC

Threads
I know exactly what you mean about "Necessity is the Mother of Invention". I have had to do a few things when it came to batteries too, but I really like what you did.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can have my lawn tractor battery out. Rotate the C clamps vertical to create carrying handles.

Those battery posts will never see a bolt again. Did I say never again.:laughing:

I have a number of those small C-clamps but the only battery I have that could use them is on my ATV, and there is no room to use anything other than the factory connections. Have to admire your idea, it's a great one if there is room for the clamps so you don't have to worry about shorting out the terminals. Just curious, isn't there any type of battery hold down that has to be removed? I have always understood any battery has to be held down in the tray to keep the jolting around from damaging the internal connections and shortening the service life.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just curious, isn't there any type of battery hold down that has to be removed? I have always understood any battery has to be held down in the tray to keep the jolting around from damaging the internal connections and shortening the service life.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detrimental to battery life by being loose must be an old wives tale.

The battery pictured replaced a battery last summer that was 5 years old. The lawn tractor it came out of had a hold down of some sort when it was new but that's been so long ago I don't have the foggiest idea what it looked like. I once had a bungee across it but discovered that wasn't necessary either.

I have a JD LA 135 and it came new without a hold down of any kind. It takes a bit longer to remove, like maybe a couple of minutes if one holds his mouth just right, because it looks as if they built the tractor around the battery compartment. The battery wasn't worth a plug nickel but that another story for another day.