Tractor Supply

BGC

Threads
When you go out to buy a new mower do you go to a tractor supply company or buy from some other dealer? I have bought from Lowe's and our local tractor supply store, realizing my best purchase was from the tractor supply company.

indypower

Threads
Go to a local dealer. That way they can do the service. And the warrant, too. Plus you keep the $$$ local and help your local economy.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you go out to buy a new mower do you go to a tractor supply company or buy from some other dealer? I have bought from Lowe's and our local tractor supply store, realizing my best purchase was from the tractor supply company.

For my compact utility tractor, therer was only one place to buy it from, a JD dealership. For small gas engined equipment like mowers, trimmers etc. I always purchased from the big box stores as I am handy enough to work on them myself.

LandN

Threads
Go to a local dealer. That way they can do the service. And the warrant, too. Plus you keep the $$$ local and help your local economy.

Well said indy, i buy as much as possible from my local ope dealer and they know that. and lots of times they can help you in ways the big box stores can't. Even with good info on lots of things.:thumbsup:

173abn

Threads
I bought my Yanmar from a local guy and buy all parts for it online mostly from a dealer in Texas.My Grasshopper I bought on C.L. and go to a tractor dealer that sells Kubota,New Holland,Walker and Grasshopper. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

This will make all of you guys howl with laughter...last spring the local Home Depots were advertising Lawn Boy mowers as "Mulch, rear bagging, or side discharge capable". Well I prefer side discharge for trimming around things so I was looking at the display models, every model HD was selling was rear discharge type, I asked the associate to show me how the side discharge mode worked, well he and the manager in that area unpacked FOUR DIFFERENT MODELS that were in the boxes trying to find out HOW the side discharge mode worked because I told them if they found out how it worked I would buy one of every model that actually did perform that way.....:laughing::laughing:....and by looking at the display mowers I could tell there was NO WAY any of them had a side discharge mode...it was SO HARD to keep a straight face...:biggrin:

SallyA

Threads
I buy as much as possible from local dealers, rather than from the big chain stores. I bought my last two mowers from a local guy and will go back to him when I buy a riding mower this spring.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I buy as much as possible from local dealers, rather than from the big chain stores. I bought my last two mowers from a local guy and will go back to him when I buy a riding mower this spring.

For those not mechanically inclined or able to do their own service I strongly suggest buying from a dealer.

CompactTractorFan

Threads
Our Honda from Home Depot has been great so far, but pretty much all other outdoor power equipment we have bought from big box stores has been crap (leaf blower, riding mower, string trimmer, chainsaw...etc...) :mad:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I buy a lot of large tractor SUPPLIES and farm chemicals from TSC (Tractor Supply Co.)
Tractor Supply Company - Home
They have a lot of stuff.. including mowers, but I'm not sure I'd buy a powered mower there... Don't exactly know why... just have not looked at them... :smile:KennyV