b&g 20hp acting up

txzrider

Threads
model 33m677 type 0123 g1 code 090416zd
The mower was spitting out oil out of the fuel pump. then the next time I started it, it ran for a min and then died... this was not normal and so I restarted it several more times, each time it stopped after a short time, oil level was good, and I had already added a fuel shutoff valve.

any ideas?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Before we get too carried away, pull off the valve cover and tell us what you see....

4acres

Threads
...and did you smell the oil on the dipstick to make sure it did not have gasoline in the crankcase?

txzrider

Threads
I will remove the valve cover asap... and yes I smelled the oil, I had previously had an issue with it being overfull due to gas in the oil, I changed it and added a cutoff valve.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My guess is that you have a blown head gasket.

txzrider

Threads
Well I have back to what I believe is the real issue ... it spits oil or an oil like substance out the fuel pump. In any case I got it running and mowed ... it died once started right back up and ran fine. oil level is still good. This time I turned off the fuel and let it run dry. This weekend I cam going to clean it up and change the oil and then keep much closer tabs on if it is using oil or not. However I am afraid Ric may be right because I have never had a mower spit oil out the fuel pump like this... I did not have car engine with low compression(broken ring) spit out oil from the ecv valve. So in any case something is wrong.