Dealer called me nuts

PVHIII

Threads
Dealer freaked out when I mention I was looking at mid grade zero turns toro MX5060 or gravely zt just to name a couple. "Don't even look at those there is no such thing as mid grade it's either residential or commercial if your gonna spend $4000 then just get the entry level for $2500"
I told him I was just finishing my first year and did mostly residential but I plan on taking a couple bigger lots next year not a ton and I will see how it goes!
He said it does not matter" if your not gonna spend at least $7000 on at least a 2000 series you will regret it and you MX or Zt won't last you half a season"
I said I don't have $7000 plus tax he said finance or stick with residential.
I felt like he was a real D BAG even if he was right:(
Comments please.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
Take alook at a Hustler Fastrak SD...this mower screams commercial...it's listed under Hustler's residential lineup..but it comes with a 2yr 400 hr commercial warranty...it will serve you well also a lifetime warranty on the frame and leading edge of the deck

Last edited:

mcdonell

Threads
My dealer said my buying a Skag Cheetah with 61V deck was "over kill" for my 3 acres. My dealer does not know me and I am pushing 70 years old. I feel I am old enough to hear opinions and then decide for myself. A good book told me "a wise man has many counsels."

Our church has about 7 acres and is mowed by an grandma operating a 54 inch Gravely. That mower has been wonderful and virtually trouble free for years. I asked the lady was there anything she would want when the church buys a new mower. She said I want the new mower to go faster. That gravely is only capable of about 8 mph.