HRX2173HYA Collection Bag Doesn't Fit Lawn Waste Bags

pmillen

Threads
  • / HRX2173HYA Collection Bag Doesn't Fit Lawn Waste Bags
I've had my HRX2173HYA since early July, almost three months. I've always mulched. Circumstances caused me to go two weeks between mowing and I thought that I should bag the clippings.

What a shock! The HRX2173HYA collection bag won't go into the standard yard waste bag. With every other mower that I know of the user just lays the paper yard waste bag down, inserts the mower collection bag, stands the two upright and the clippings drop into the yard waste bag. Not possible with the HRX2173HYA.

How have other HRX2173HYA owners addressed this shortcoming?

Threads
I usually mulch, also. When I bag in the spring/summer it is only upon customer request, and I will only agree to it if there is a place in the yard to dump it. In the fall I can dump leaves (you are not supposed to include clippings but everyone does it) at the curb and they will pick it up every week or two. So I really don't know what I would do if I needed to put it in a yard waste bag. I know there are different brands of yard waste bags....maybe some are a bit larger?

Threads
....maybe some are a bit larger?

Amazon.com : Ampac SOS-30T True Value 30 Gallon Paper Lawn and Leaf Bag, 5 Count : Patio, Lawn & Garden
15.7 x 14 x ? inches

16 x 12 x 35" 30 Gallon Paper Lawn/Leaf Bag S-13523 - Uline
16 x 12 x 35 inches

Amazon.com: Ampac SOS30G Garbax 30 Gallon Paper Lawn and Leaf Bags, 5-Pack: Patio, Lawn & Garden
16 x 12 x ? inches

Paper Leaf Bag by VALUE BRAND - Trash Bags by Zoro Tools Industrial Supplies
16 x ? x 35 inches

OR

This might just be gimmick but I saw it, so I thought you would at least want to see it: Amazon.com: Leaf and Lawn chute: Patio, Lawn & Garden

41B2GX-GHGL.jpg

(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B2GX-GHGL.jpg)

pmillen

Threads

Thanks, I guess the size does vary slightly. Oddly, I have three different suppliers' bags on the shelf. Two from big box stores and one from the grocery store. They are identical. They must be from the same manufacturer.

I saw a guy using the chute a few years ago and thought about looking for one so I guess it's my best alternative.

My neighbor has an electric start Honda. His bag appears to fit my mower (it's black) and will fit into the waste bags. Maybe he'll let me borrow it. :smile:

Bad <dog> mower!

Threads
Thanks, I guess the size does vary slightly. Oddly, I have three different suppliers' bags on the shelf. Two from big box stores and one from the grocery store. They are identical. They must be from the same manufacturer.

I saw a guy using the chute a few years ago and thought about looking for one so I guess it's my best alternative.

My neighbor has an electric start Honda. His bag appears to fit my mower (it's black) and will fit into the waste bags. Maybe he'll let me borrow it. :smile:

Bad <dog> mower!

Let us know what works!

BubbaBob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those bag inserts work good. I bought two, one for me and one for my mother-in-law years ago. They were cardboard and getting worn pretty good so I cut them up and they went out with the recycling as I saw a new plasticized cardboard model at HD. Much to my chagrin they were out of stock and waiting several weeks for shipment. I would recommend them - cardboard or not.

pmillen

Threads
My HD had them.
GrassChuteResized.jpg

It's not the best way to empty the collection bag but it's somewhat of a solution.

One of the clerks asked me if I had a Honda. He said that he tells all prospective buyers that the collection bag mouth probably won't fit into yard waste bags.

Threads
My HD had them.
View attachment 17737

It's not the best way to empty the collection bag but it's somewhat of a solution.

One of the clerks asked me if I had a Honda. He said that he tells all prospective buyers that the collection bag mouth probably won't fit into yard waste bags.

Well it seems like it works decently. I never knew that about Honda baggers until you told me. :smile:

pmillen

Threads
Well it seems like it works decently. I never knew that about Honda baggers until you told me. :smile:

Some of the collection bags fit into the disposal bags. My neighbor's electric start Honda has a black bag (mine's silver/white) and his fits into the lawn bags. His also appears to fit my mower as well as my collection bag does--which is to say not very well. The collection bag has an opening along the top, about 1.25 inches. Grass flies into the bag, swirls around and some flies out of the opening and collects on the mower.

It's not really a deal breaker for me as I normally mow twice a week and mulch the clippings. I didn't think I would ever use the collection bag but life happens and I've had to use it the last two times I've mowed 'cause I've gone two weeks or more between mowings.

stygz

Threads
I have been meaning to get one of those funnels. In what area of HD do you find them? I only bag in the spring but fill 15 yard waste bags. Other than that I only mulch....if it is alittle long I just slide the clip director.