HRX2173HYA Collection Bag Doesn't Fit Lawn Waste Bags

pmillen

Threads
  • / HRX2173HYA Collection Bag Doesn't Fit Lawn Waste Bags
Sorry to take 10 days to reply. I didn't have a reason to come backæ‚* just did on a whim.

My HD has lawnmowers just inside the door, slightly to the right. The chutes were on a floor display right in front of the elevated mower display.

Griz

Threads

LMAN007

Threads
I've had my HRX2173HYA since early July, almost three months. I've always mulched. Circumstances caused me to go two weeks between mowing and I thought that I should bag the clippings.

What a shock! The HRX2173HYA collection bag won't go into the standard yard waste bag. With every other mower that I know of the user just lays the paper yard waste bag down, inserts the mower collection bag, stands the two upright and the clippings drop into the yard waste bag. Not possible with the HRX2173HYA.

How have other HRX2173HYA owners addressed this shortcoming?

All the honda's , at least the HRX series, have large bag for clippings. I know that the home depot bags leave bags has a smaller opening where as the collection bag will not fit into it. I would just angle the collection
bag and shake from one corner to empty the bag.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Or empty it onto your compost heap .
Why spend a fortune om making high quality clippings they pay to have them taken away ?

LMAN007

Threads
Or empty it onto your compost heap .
Why spend a fortune om making high quality clippings they pay to have them taken away ?
True, but where I live they the city picks up the bags for free or you can take them to the dump yourself.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do some searching good chance there will be a community gardening group around who would love your high quality grass clippings for free & give you your bags back.
Same thing for permaculture groups and organic farming groups.
Down here we even have composting groups who happily take anything to compost ( earth warriors ) and will generally be happy to have you take back some of the compost / vermipost they make.