52" FERRIS EVOLUTION new owner

Slc Chris

Forum Newbie
Threads
we have been looking at the evolution for 2 year's, finally bought it last week!
so far only put 10 hour's on it so still getting use to it. surprisingly its comfy our biggest job is 2.5 acre's and i mowed it yesterday (the seat could be wider im no cyclist but after the 2.5 acres it started to hurt).
turns ok cut is AWESOME plenty of power.
feel free to ask questions or chime in if ya have one!!
im used to our grass hopper front mount on side hills and next to ditches (see pic) the only bad part so far for the ferris, ive cut this ditch for 2 years and have never even came close to sliding in until the first time with the ferris. i thought the compactness of the mower this thing would shine on side hill's and ditches??

Attachments

• 524584_489985904429950_124283396_n.jpg
    524584_489985904429950_124283396_n.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 63
Threads
Well that looks like a great mower! And nice avatar picture! I have heard stander mowers are good on hills, so I would think yours would be, too! :confused2: But it still looks like a great investment!

gregjo1948

Threads
Can you staddle the ditch, mowing a little on each side and the bottom? May be able to raise the deck a little and put one side wheels in the bottom. These mowers will stay upright on quite a steep grade. Perhaps you could use a differant seat that is a bit wider. Enjoy your new ride! gregjo1948

mountaincut

Threads
Just found your post today. . . . .I too purchased a Ferris Evolution this year also, 48" and have a ditch line similar to your photo except not quite as severe. I also noticed the mower had a tendency to want to slide when running parallel to the ditch line and countered by crossing the ditch line in a perpendicular direction. That change worked well to a point where the ditch approaches a "V" shape. Then it's time to break out the string trimmer to finish the job.

I bought the Evolution because of the suspension system and can't believe how comfortable it is.

Alan Mendenhall

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have any issues when you go around a tree say the right side cuts a inch deeper. Or scalps easy.

Alan Mendenhall

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just found your post today. . . . .I too purchased a Ferris Evolution this year also, 48" and have a ditch line similar to your photo except not quite as severe. I also noticed the mower had a tendency to want to slide when running parallel to the ditch line and countered by crossing the ditch line in a perpendicular direction. That change worked well to a point where the ditch approaches a "V" shape. Then it's time to break out the string trimmer to finish the job.

I bought the Evolution because of the suspension system and can't believe how comfortable it is.

Have ant trouble with scalping. My evolution wants to dig in a inch deeper when you go around a tree

mountaincut

Threads
The only issue that I have regarding going around a tree is on two particular trees, that each have one root that is very high. Those are an issue but nothing as you described you are seeing. I don't want to cut out the root and loose the trees so I work around them, just a few extra moments.