what a week

beg

Threads
picked up two silver series 10332's a l21pzm and a craftsman edger all for under 100.00 and onw of the 10323's had the bagger and chute.both the silver's needed coils but run great.the l21zpm ran good when I picked it up but I must have knocked some dirt from the tank into the carb when I put ti in my car because it surges a little now.the edger needed a float and a bowl gasket it now works like new.I now have 22 lawnboys and hope to get a few more before winter sets in.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It sounds great up there in Lawn-Boy Heaven (also known as the mid-west :cool: ). LBs are much scarcer down here in the south but at least we have a have a longer mowing season.

JohnBoy1

Threads
I'd give them all a good carb cleaning and new lines. The ethanol eats the lines from the inside out and cause alot of the problems with carb problems and contaminants. Put you a good filter on it and I run star tron fuel treatment to fight the ethanol and haven't had any problem with since.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 8

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd give them all a good carb cleaning and new lines. The ethanol eats the lines from the inside out and cause alot of the problems with carb problems and contaminants. Put you a good filter on it and I run star tron fuel treatment to fight the ethanol and haven't had any problem with since.

Newer fuel lines (a generic part) don't have the problem with ethanol. If a fuel line isn't flexible it should be replaced. If you work on a lot of mowers, chainsaws, etc (as I do) it's worth it to buy fuel line by the roll. It's much, much cheaper.

JohnBoy1

Threads
I don't work on small engines as a income more of a hobby. I'm a professional engine builder for a caterpillar and International for my full time job. Maybe it's just Georgia must have better fuel then what we get then.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't work on small engines as a income more of a hobby. I'm a professional engine builder for a caterpillar and International for my full time job. Maybe it's just Georgia must have better fuel then what we get then.

I'm just a hobbyist as well. When I fix up a mower that I really like (and I don't buy it if I don't like it)... I can't stand to part with it. :laughing:

I think the percentage of ethanol in gas at the pump varies by state. In Georgia, the pumps I use have a sticker saying that the maximum is 10%.

JohnBoy1

Threads
I'm in the same boat as you on buying them. Now the wife says if I buy one more i sleep with them in the barn lol. I hide them at dads now lmao. Most small places here have them marked 15%. Model airplane dope works great to recoat the floats. It very well may be old stock line laying in the shops. I have a close friend that has been a Lawnboy mechanic for 40years. I'm gonna look in to some viton rubber products, I use them on the 7.3idi builds to help with the ulsd fuel. Il ask are supplier for it and let you guys know what they say.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm in the same boat as you on buying them. Now the wife says if I buy one more i sleep with them in the barn lol. I hide them at dads now lmao. Most small places here have them marked 15%. Model airplane dope works great to recoat the floats. It very well may be old stock line laying in the shops. I have a close friend that has been a Lawnboy mechanic for 40years. I'm gonna look in to some viton rubber products, I use them on the 7.3idi builds to help with the ulsd fuel. Il ask are supplier for it and let you guys know what they say.

Could you talk him into joining this forum?

JohnBoy1

Threads
Yea I can ask him to. The knowledge he has to offer along with the three barns of nos parts would come in handy. Dang there goes my private toy store lmao we could keep the boys alive for generations then.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea I can ask him to. The knowledge he has to offer along with the three barns of nos parts would come in handy. Dang there goes my private toy store lmao we could keep the boys alive for generations then.

Wow... does he realize he could make a good chunk of change selling that stuff on eBay?

Maybe you shouldn't tell him. :laughing: