Are Duraforce 4.5 hp engines the same on walk behinds, and self-propelled walk behind

Phototone

Threads
  • / Are Duraforce 4.5 hp engines the same on walk behinds, and self-propelled walk behind
In order to keep my self-propelled Duraforce 4.5 hp 2-cycle lawnboy walk behinds running, since I have a number of non-self-propelled DuraForce 4.5 hp mowers with very good engines, I was wondering if they were a straight-over bolt-on exchange? Do all the 4.5 hp have the hole in the drive-shaft for the pully bolt?

impalass

Threads
  • / Are Duraforce 4.5 hp engines the same on walk behinds, and self-propelled walk behind
In order to keep my self-propelled Duraforce 4.5 hp 2-cycle lawnboy walk behinds running, since I have a number of non-self-propelled DuraForce 4.5 hp mowers with very good engines, I was wondering if they were a straight-over bolt-on exchange? Do all the 4.5 hp have the hole in the drive-shaft for the pully bolt?
Can you check the model numbers at partstree.com

andy135

Threads
I've swapped the Duraforce 6.5hp engine from a push mower to the self propelled one. The engine shaft hole for the pulley is there simply installed it. The engine base mounting plate have to swap cause the self propelled engine have to sit higher on the deck to make room for the belt underneath it. Straight forward no problem.