1994 HR215 SX - OEM Fuel Line and Breather Tube, Replace or Not?

Giblet

Threads
  • / 1994 HR215 SX - OEM Fuel Line and Breather Tube, Replace or Not?
I have never replaced the rubber OEM fuel line or rubber breather tube. The twenty year old mower runs like she did 20 years ago but you'd think after this amount of time the ethanol would play a factor, but hasn't. After a two and half hour run each week, I run the fuel out the carb but we know that the fuel remains in the rubber fuel line. What's bothersome is that if I replace them, they may not last as long as the OEM. Or you could say the opposite. Yes, I've read where just a miniscule micro piece of rubber will wreck havoc on the carb.

Let's open this puppy up for discussion...

Attachments

• NewAndOldSideView_1_Reduced.jpg
    NewAndOldSideView_1_Reduced.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 19

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Replace fuel line outs cheap. Add a fuel filter also cheap. The breathed lines I blow air through before I change the oil

Giblet

Threads
Update: I ordered OEM fuel line and breather tube and subsequently replaced both. Both were exactly twenty years old. Not exactly a five minute plug N play but got them on wishing I had smaller hands.

So, your curious what did they look like inside? Essentially, inside the fuel line looked tired but the breather tube look fairly new...smooth and no oil residue. The outside of both were cracking thus, it was time as I didn't want to risk the fuel line breaking minute pieces for the carb to swallow.