4 new chain saws free

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got 4 chainsaws from my uncle they are old and dirty my goal is at least one chain saw working.

This one is my favorite I want this one working but I probably won't use it. Its a mcculloch 250 its really heavy and it feels like it needs a longer bar. It turns over but doesn't run (just pulled cord didn't check anything including fuel.)

EDIT: found out this thing is 80cc wow

ForumRunner_20130916_145958.png

This one is a homelight textron model # 106284
Comes with case 2 extra chains a hand chain sharpener. Its not missing parts turns over I have high hopes for this one.

ForumRunner_20130916_150142.png

This one is a craftsman model # 358.353671
Missing air filter housing and filter otherwise complete and turns over not so high hopes on this one but the bar is nice 16"

ForumRunner_20130916_150317.png

Last and probably lease is another homelight this one seems the oldest and I can't find any identifying markers on it. It has a chain cover and missing spark plug

ForumRunner_20130916_150535.png

Ill dig deaper into them asap I kinda want the homelight with case and the big yellow one to run :)

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like a winter project to me

I have so many winter projects. The homelight with the case appears in the best condition I am going to clean it up clean out carb put new fuel lines and hope it fires up.....

Parkmower

Threads
I have a similar homelite and similar craftsman. Don't underestimate the craftsman, it is a top handle saw which are very useful when trimming with one hand. I've done a lot of work with the little craftsman. Remember it's not the size of the saw, it's how you use it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a similar homelite and similar craftsman. Don't underestimate the craftsman, it is a top handle saw which are very useful when trimming with one hand. I've done a lot of work with the little craftsman. Remember it's not the size of the saw, it's how you use it.

Yah I don't need a big saw. I get tired of handsawing tree limbs. Problem with the craftsman is its missing pieces kinda hoping for minimal investment. Ill spend money after I determine which ones I can get running easier.

The mcculloch will get some investment if I can get it running I want to get it a 26" bar.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I got 20 mins to work outside I dumped the old gas out of them all and put in fresh gas and a little starting fluid and the little homelight that I thought was the worst fired up! The only one to cleaned it up and got a model num 10109 what should I do to get this field ready?

Parkmower

Threads
Gas, bar oil, sharpen chain and check chain tension. You said you had a file for this one, that is the best way to sharpen a chain. Mark one tooth with a marker and go all way around til you see marked tooth again. After that I'd run the hell out of it for 20 min.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gas, bar oil, sharpen chain and check chain tension. You said you had a file for this one, that is the best way to sharpen a chain. Mark one tooth with a marker and go all way around til you see marked tooth again. After that I'd run the hell out of it for 20 min.

Unfortunately the file was for the other homelight and the chain styles are different. I want to order 2 new chains for the one that runs how do I measure the chain by the bar? Or by the bar and pulley?

I am going to replace fuel filter and fuel lines the air filter is good I happened to have the spark plug brand new I am going to paint the machine shiny black to try and make it look good. I will buy some good bar oil.

The chainsaws I have used an echo stubby bar and a stihl 20" bar were both modern machines with auto oil. The homelight has a button to oil the chain how often do I oil the chain while using?

Parkmower

Threads
The bar may have all the chain info on it. If not I'd take it to a shop buy one and a file/ sharpening kit. Only few bucks but well worth it. Don't use electric chain sharpener!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The bar may have all the chain info on it. If not I'd take it to a shop buy one and a file/ sharpening kit. Only few bucks but well worth it. Don't use electric chain sharpener!

There is a place down the street licenced dealer charges 10 per chain to sharpen my old boss used them and they are good ill probably do it that way