Hi, I'm a new member

insman70

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate your follow up on my registration.

I have a 2012 Model LTX1040 Cub Cadet that I purchased from Home depot in May of 2012.

When I registered I was looking for information relative to why the oil light on the dash panel of the mower was blinking red. I checked the oil and it was clean and properly full (I had changed the oil and filter in April of 2013 at 37.5 hours). I was operating the mower when I first noticed the light blinking and I immediately shut it down. I checked the owner's manual and could not find any information about the blinking light. The next day I got onto the Cub Cadet web site and found a chat room and asked the questions about the light. I was told that the light comes on like that at 50 hours to tell you it is time to change oil and filter. I was relieved and finished mowing the lawn. I will change it again next spring at the beginning of the season, which has been my practice for years.

My name is Jim, and my normal user name is insman, as I am a retired insurance claims adjuster.

Thanks again and I will check the forum from time to time to see what's happening.

Jim

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is true the oil light will come on every 50 hours and for 2 hours it will blink for 15 mins after every startup.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

sgmgarden

Threads
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum :smile: