Are you addicted to the internet?

Smartaleck

Threads
I would not have admitted to being addicted at all until I lost my connection last week for three days. I didn't know what to do with myself. I'm fine in the Summer when I can get outdoors but, man, I need the internet during these cold, dark days of Winter!

monica123

Threads
I will say that I am on the computer a lot. I could go without it, but I prefer not to. I like to stay connected. I will read or something instead of going on the internet, but I still like to remain connected.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will say that I am on the computer a lot. I could go without it, but I prefer not to. I like to stay connected. I will read or something instead of going on the internet, but I still like to remain connected.

We live in a rural area and had to endure dial up for 13 years before DSL became available here, it was so frustrating having my computers hobbled by slow connection speeds. I am into building my own desktops and have three right now, plus I carry a Blackberry (have done so since (Y2K) so I am always connected. Our DSL stopped working late last fall and not even dial up would work until it was fixed, we pay so many bills online it is hard NOT to have Internet service. It's like having your water or electricity shut off, you don't really appreciate it until it's not available.

indypower

Threads
Yes I am. Can't go a day without it. Too many forums to check.

BGC

Threads
I know what you mean JD about paying bills online and such because it is a lot easier to sit down and just click the buttons to pay than it is to get something in the mail around here.
I wouldn't say I am addicted since I can go without it for entertainment purposes and if wife pays bills I don't have to get online. With the winter and not being able to hit the yard and do things it atleast gives me something to do.

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I admit it, I am completely and utterly addicted to the internet. I can't help it. My whole entire life revolves around the internet. My computer is where I go to keep in touch with my friends, where I Google something if I want to learn more and so much more. I would be so lost without it lol. Sad, I know:laughing:

Kryten

Threads
I know that I spend far too much time online. We took a vacation last year where we had no phone service, and hence no internet even on our phones. It was a horrible time! I looked forward to going anywhere else in the hopes of getting a signal!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll have to plead guilty to this addiction. I don't have a hookup at my farm in rural Alabama and I'm very much aware that I may miss something while I'm there. I have limited internet capability on my phone but the bandwidth is expensive and the keypad is tiny.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll have to plead guilty to this addiction. I don't have a hookup at my farm in rural Alabama and I'm very much aware that I may miss something while I'm there. I have limited internet capability on my phone but the bandwidth is expensive and the keypad is tiny.

With taxes, unlimited Blackberry service (data, internet, SMS, Blackberry Messenger, etc) runs me about $53 a month using Verizon. My hearing is so poor I cannot use a regular phone which is why I don't have a calling plan on it, which would be another $30 or so. At home, AOL monthly service is $13 a month, having a landline to use the DSL (another $30 a month) costs about $50. Anybody that is willing to pay the inane sum of nearly $150 a month for data and e-mail MUST be addicted...ALMOST FIVE BUCKS A DAY...!!!:confused2::eek: