Any way to speed up transmission on single speed Honda 216 mower?

Ilike216

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any way to speed up transmission on single speed Honda 216 mower?
Hello no luck in a search. I raised the rpm of the mower and that helped but I'm wondering is there any way of speeding up the transmission? It's model it a harmony 2 h2162sda or maybe it is hr2162sda. Can't remember if there is an r in there . Single speed. Steel deck. Thanks for any ideas!

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try putting a bigger pulley on the crankshaft and smaller one on the self propelled unit.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would advice against it.... the transmission is built to handle a certain load increasing the load will decrease the life of the trans. Substantially

Ilike216

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would advice against it.... the transmission is built to handle a certain load increasing the load will decrease the life of the trans. Substantially

That makes sense. I bought this mower in 1998 I think it was. So 15 years of daily use and zero work ever done to it. So the tranny is holding up well and maybe it would be pushing my luck to "gear it up" to go faster. I wish I would have learned to increase the idle 15 years ago though ha ha.

bwdbrn1

Threads
You could look for a three speed transmission that's in good condition to swap for the single speed.