Gas Cans and Spouts

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have found these that I'm going to try but they Tractor supply won't have any more until Thursday at least EZ-Pour Universal Replacement Spout Kit - Tractor Supply Online Store
Everything I've tried leaks all over the place, I end up with more on me and the ground than in the tank of the mower or my equipment.

Yep, for $10 those spout kits at TSC look like a good ole fashioned leakproof spout and worth every penny. Just like a user said....everything was just fine until the EPA decided they needed to protect the environment and forced the redesign of gas can spouts. Unfortunately, as pointed out, they didn't care that they made it a fire/safety hazard for those using the new-fangled spouts!!!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seem to be bashing the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). They have a job to do and as I see it our environment is improving. Lets all work with them for a better environment. As I am thinking about it with the old gas cans you never knew when the gas tank was full and it ran all over the ground when you over filled the tank if you didn't watch it very close. I really believe in the EPA and they have a reason for what they do and yes it needs improving but that is how we all learn and you can be sure it will improve with time.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just comes down to more rules and restrictions and people don't want more

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just comes down to more rules and restrictions and people don't want more

It's just like Lamar Alexander told TVA when they tried to keep Tennesseans from fishing the tailwaters below dams....we don't need someone to tell us how to be safe, we already can do that ourselves. If the EPA published "environmentally safe guidelines" we are smart enough to follow them. But I agree that "big business" has to be watched closely or they will pollute just to save a buck. But the EPA kinda goes overboard with a lot of unnecessary stuff(unless you believe Al Gore that the "ozone sky is falling and global warming will make humans extinct").

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's just like Lamar Alexander told TVA when they tried to keep Tennesseans from fishing the tailwaters below dams....we don't need someone to tell us how to be safe, we already can do that ourselves. If the EPA published "environmentally safe guidelines" we are smart enough to follow them. But I agree that "big business" has to be watched closely or they will pollute just to save a buck. But the EPA kinda goes overboard with a lot of unnecessary stuff(unless you believe Al Gore that the "ozone sky is falling and global warming will make humans extinct").

They make these rules for a reason... for example here in spokane we are sitting on a giant aquifer which just happens to be our drinking water source if some dimwit dumps oil or antifreeze in their yard or alley a part (albeit a small part) of that oil may make it to our drinking water. So these rules and restrictions are not just made up to annoy they exist because people are just not attentive enough to do it them selves they want spill proof gas cans because someone somewhere had there gas can tip over and a spark or wayward cigarette butt or something ignited it.

They tell you not to fish on the tailwaters because they don't believe you are smart enough to be safe and frankly I agree.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well were going to find out how well the EZ Pour spouts are going to work. I just installed seven with Vent caps and I'm going to be filling everything today. You can purchase these spouts at TSC and Ace Hardware. There a little expensive at Ace $12.99 but they can be ordered on line for as little as $9.99.
If you live in one of the following states: CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, or VIRGINIA they are against the law to use, however people in those states can purchase them online as a water spout for there water jugs.:smile:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well were going to find out how well the EZ Pour spouts are going to work. I just installed seven with Vent caps and I'm going to be filling everything today. You can purchase these spouts at TSC and Ace Hardware. There a little expensive at Ace $12.99 but they can be ordered on line for as little as $9.99.
If you live in one of the following states: CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, or VIRGINIA they are against the law to use, however people in those states can purchase them online as a water spout for there water jugs.:smile:

Be sure to let us know what you think and thanks for posting where you found them. I may get a few myself(I've got one spout I like and have to move it from my gas cans I use for my ZTR, gas trimmer, chainsaw because of the lame new-fangled spouts on the newer ones). Sure am glad I don't live in one of those states where I would be a criminal for using one.......oh, sorry officer I really thought that I had water in that can.....not gasoline:0)

jakewells

Threads
Be sure to let us know what you think and thanks for posting where you found them. I may get a few myself(I've got one spout I like and have to move it from my gas cans I use for my ZTR, gas trimmer, chainsaw because of the lame new-fangled spouts on the newer ones). Sure am glad I don't live in one of those states where I would be a criminal for using one.......oh, sorry officer I really thought that I had water in that can.....not gasoline:0)

I highly recommend those ez pour spouts i bought three new cans last year and i bought three of those spouts and later on i plan to replace those safety spouts on my blitz cans i got two years ago they are horrible.