Gas Cans and Spouts

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
We fill our mowers on the trailer at the co-op but keep a 5 gallon can for those times when a push mower or something is running low. Our Dixie's will run 9-10 hours with out needing gas. I understand the crappy can thing though. Jegs sells the cans i was telling you about though. They're $50 though but you can fill your ZTRs quick and painless.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is the one I like its easy to use easy to pour and doesn't make a mess with its easy flow cut off

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130903_194129.png
    ForumRunner_20130903_194129.png
    487 KB · Views: 76

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Northern tool & equipment catalog look under fuel and lubrication. What ever your wallet well let you spend will get you what ever you want in fuel filling . You get what you pay for just like anything. I am also sure there are other company's out there that sell fueling equipment also.

BHLC

Threads
Generic photo, but this is what we use. I believe OSHA requires safety cans too.

Attachments

• image-1216134115.jpg
    image-1216134115.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 32

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the one I like its easy to use easy to pour and doesn't make a mess with its easy flow cut off

Ok, that's what I used but you can't find that spout anymore, they don't sell it or make it since they came out with the new one.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok, that's what I used but you can't find that spout anymore, they don't sell it or make it since they came out with the new one.

:eek: I just bought that at wal mart at the begining of the season. That sucks

chobbs1957

Threads
I've gotten a little tired of spilling gas when refueling myself. I am scared of spilled gas being a fire hazard.

I can wipe up a lot of the spill, but sometimes am in a hurry, and neither wipe up or much less wait for it to evaporate. I fear that the mower will decide to do a big backfire instead of cranking, and fumes may ignite.

I think I am going to buy a recommended spout or funnel or something to reduce those chances. After monitoring this thread, I'll get something.

I am also going to put a fire extinguisher in the shed! In my work I have seen farmers prevent small flames from becoming major fires when they have had one handy, saving higher dollar equipment than what I run. I have also seen major losses that could have been prevented if a small fire extinguisher had been available and used.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
:eek: I just bought that at wal mart at the begining of the season. That sucks

Yeah I used to buy them at HD or Auto Zone and they don't have them in stock either place, the guy at AZ said he didn't think they were going to get them again.

BHLC

Threads
Don't you just love the EPA!!!