Power Vac Issues to Work Out

MBDiagMan

Threads
I got my new to me 725K2 worked out well and got an idler sheave for the power vac today. They told me when looking at the diagram that the belt runs on the back of the idler, but I could not make it work out that way. It may very well not be the right length belt.

It was tight enough to run, however, so I wanted to give it a try. I am awaiting my new hose that I ordered, but I taped up the old one to test. At the tape joint, the hose is offset about 20% so is obviously restrictive. I ran it around and picked up LOTS of leaves, pine needles and some grass. I went and dumped it and was surprised that it was probably only about half full. It had been giving very little blowout and was leaving a very clean path, THEN I decided to try cutting some very wet grass at the aerobic system sprinklers which had shut off a few minutes earlier. It was not a big surprise, but the soaking wet grass clogged up the vac,

I cleared out the vac, but it never picked up anything else. I didn't investigate very much, but just put it away since it was getting late.

I think that the new hose will make a big difference and maybe I will have to do something to have a tighter belt. I have not looked into different blades.

Anyone ever work through this? Has anyone ever messed with the power vac belt tightener?

Thanks for your responses,
Larry

MBDiagMan

Threads
As it turned out, the combination of the wrong belt and the bad hose allowed the hose to plug up. I bought the correct belt and put on a good hose and it now lives up to the name, Power VAC.

I think this thing would pick up a load of billiard balls.