Lots of Mower Reviews Here!

Kevin999

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you, for sharing) Really interesting reviews:smile:

Johnkim

Threads
This is exactly the thread that I need. thanks for bringing it here. Since I'm planning to purchase a new mower soon, I need to know which brand or type will work best for my lawn.

Tundrapup

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good to know I was looking at the same mower but took them off the list when I found out thier marketing gimmick. I figured there was more issues that I wouldn't find out till its was to late.

SHB

Threads
Be it known. I own a BadBoy, Elite, 54" Welded Steel Deck, and Kawasaki Powered. The Mower is a 2014 Model, with 146 hours. The Drive Belt came off of the pulleys, and the mower stopped moving. I do my own repairs, so I ordered all the stuff from, BadBoy ie: New Drive Belt, 2- New Hydro Filters, 1- New Engine Filter, 3 HD Mowing Blades (3rd set) and 1 gallon of BadBoy Hydro fluid. I have been at removing the old drive belt, for over a week, and it's still on the mower as of today. There is an Idler, under the mower, that has to at least be loosened to remove the drive belt, over the top of the idler pulley. I've already had to loosen both Hydro drives, to remove the VERY contrary drive belt. Non the less. I will never again attempt a drive belt on a BadBoy, when I finally get this one replaced. I've changed several drive belts, in a fraction of the time, and didn't have to almost disassemble the mower to do so. Trust me, it is extremely involved / difficult, to replace. Near everything on the bottom of the mower, has to be removed. If you lean toward a BadBoy, first, look the machine over, closely! Keep in mind, how difficult the drive belt is to change. And at such low hours. I owned a Gravely ZT160 a few years ago, at 400 hours, the mower had only had oil changes, greased and fuel, not even the blades sharpened. I should not have let the price difference sway me to a BadBoy this time. I should have gone back to a Gravely. Excuse the length, but need to pass this info along. Thanks!

View attachment 32498
I have a 2009 Bad Boy ZT, changing the pump belt is my least enjoyable maintenance task. Having said that, it consists of
- letting the tension off the blade belt
- removing the PTO clutch cable
- removing the nut from the pump belt tensioner
- loosening the lot of the pump belt idler to the point where the belt can slide under it

Never had to touch the hydrostatic drives. My issue with our model is documentation. Part number for spindle yields a spindle that sits ½” lower than other two spindles. Had to get a dealer to measure several different part numbers to find one that matched. Pump belt isn’t listed in parts book, bad boys on line parts lookup yielded several belts. Dealer said is was something like 66 ¼”, got that belt, seems too long, tensioner has to be wound down tight to even begin to tension it.

I abuse the mower cutting overgrown fields, it keeps on ticking. Did have the Koehler engine loose power, turns out only 1 cylinder was firing. Stud that supports the rocker arm in the head had backed out, rocker arm had slid off to one side. Straightened out the bent pushrod, tightened down the stud and put it back together - runs just fine.

Just bought an eXmark radius to replace it.

Tomkat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for mid priced riding mower for lawn with medium slope