Poulan Pro 17 HP 42" Mower Question

2pups

Threads
I am looking for a winter project to fix up , and ran across this Poulan mower . It has a couple issues with it . I am curious to know what a good offer to give to owner for this mower is as it sits . Here`s the curent owners description of the mower and a picture of it .

For sale is a Poulan Pro 42" Lawn tractor that needs some TLC. it has a 17HP Kohler Command OHV engine on it that will run. the carb is off and is junk. I had the motor running recently and it sounded good. 42" deck looks in good condition. engage cable is bad. it has a hydrostatic drive that I was told worked fine but heve been able to test it. body and tires in very good condition, RH front has a very slow leak .

If anyone could tell me what a good offer for this mower would be , it would be greatly appreciated .

Jeff

00000_2PcaAm9sdeN_600x450.jpg
00a0a_5CpV2vzJMbI_600x450.jpg

metz12

Threads
looks like a good deal inthe 150 to 250 range. the belt might be 30 bucks. i dont know how much the carb would be for it though.

Howdy Doody

Threads
I am looking for a winter project to fix up , and ran across this Poulan mower . It has a couple issues with it . I am curious to know what a good offer to give to owner for this mower is as it sits . Here`s the curent owners description of the mower and a picture of it .

For sale is a Poulan Pro 42" Lawn tractor that needs some TLC. it has a 17HP Kohler Command OHV engine on it that will run. the carb is off and is junk. I had the motor running recently and it sounded good. 42" deck looks in good condition. engage cable is bad. it has a hydrostatic drive that I was told worked fine but heve been able to test it. body and tires in very good condition, RH front has a very slow leak .

If anyone could tell me what a good offer for this mower would be , it would be greatly appreciated .

Jeff

View attachment 16768
View attachment 16769

I agree with Metz's low number at about $150, no more than $200. A basic kit cost about $30, kit with gaskets about $90, new carb is about $125 and with gaskets add another $30. Even if the motor and transmission is no good, you could get you money back by parting it out.

metz12

Threads
i could probably part the thing out for 300 thats why i said 250. personally if i had to push mow my yard and i had the opportunity to buy that for 250 then i would. i could sell the deck for 75-100 easy.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would buy it for parts

At $250

If you use the four tires that look close to new.
Put the seat on a mower with a bad seat.
Use the deck spindles on one of the 500 other mowers they fit.

Now your over what you could sell it for if you fixed it

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

2pups

Threads
Thanks guys , your input on the mower was very helpful , I offerd the guy 150 for seeing that he doesnt know if the hydro works or not . Still waiting for a reply from him .

Jeff