Need to mow 14 acres

Pete2294

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've suddenly found myself in a situation where I will need to mow 14 acres during the summer and blow snow on a 650 long private driveway during the winter (Northern MN). The drive way is open to the north and sheltered to the south which means -- heaps of snow. I am thinking about getting at least a 72 inch mover or larger. Ideally I'd like a small tractor with a loader and a rear mounted or belly mounted mower. Along with a 3point hitch mounted pto driven snow blower. I budgeted for $15000. I have a decent idea of what I think would work but will appreciate any comments on the following items or any other aspects of the setup.

- any recommendation on tractor?
- any recommendation the mower size?
- any recommendation on belly versus rear mounted mower?
- any recommendations on the over all setup?

Thanks,
Pete

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
definitely look at the farm tractor route!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums...
You might also want to check things at http://www.tractorbynet.com/
as to your questions...
Get a Kubota 4 wheel drive, (I have a grand L4200 with cab & loader).
A LandPride 3point Rear discharge finish mower if you want a finish mow... (I have the 7foot model)...
I would have a 3point snow blower, But I have a large blower attachment for my cabbed zero turn mower...

I recommend Kubota & Landpride because I Own Maintain and Operate them, I have had other makes over the years, but you will spend less money & time maintaining Good equipment.

Your $ budget will not get you what you want... but it will get you 'close' if you watch for Good used equipment... Spend More and get something With a cab, you will Not regret it in the heat of summer or the blowing cold of winter...
You are going to be Much better off with good quality used equipment than New low quality stuff.
Everything will eventually need servicing & repair, with the best quality equipment it will be Worth repairing... :smile:KennyV

metz12

Threads
kennyV beat me to saying get a kubota. :laughing: