Hover Mower

Wayne195

Threads
I'm a bit puzzeled. Take a look at the following link: HOVER MOWER. How is it possible for a lawn mower to hover like that; or is this a joke?
confused.gif

Has anyone here ever seen or operated one of these?

Thanks,

173abn

Threads
Wayne ,I posted about that mower a while back.works on a cushion of air.not a joke-it's the real deal.not sure how good it works but looks interesting. russ

Wayne195

Threads
If you go to youtube there are a lot of short clips...like this one :
YouTube - Allen Hover Mower
They work better on some types of grass than others... :smile:KennyV
It seems to me that it would take a lot of downward air movement to make the mower hover in the air like that. And with such a current of air blowing downward it seems that the grass would lie over, which would make it very difficult to achieve a good cut quality.

demhustler

Threads
like this (same as hovercraft):

Attachments

• t838_1_010i_small.jpg
    t838_1_010i_small.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Hover-mowerGerard_Delafond_Wiki500.jpg
    Hover-mowerGerard_Delafond_Wiki500.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 3

Pika

Threads
I noticed in the original video posted above that they show the mower mostly on *already-mowed* grass, except when they are showing the really deep weeds (which would, of course, be tall enough to get into the mower without being blown down). I tend to think it's not worth the money.

Hershey

Threads
My hunch is that it does the best on short, regular lawns, almost like a sweeper versus a vacuum cleaner. One day who knows what they will be like. There are lots of possibilities.

Smartaleck

Threads
I've got one! Mine is the first picture here and it works pretty good on our coarse, uneven grass. I used to have one of the smaller flimsy type as in the earlier photos but it was really only good enough for a small flat area with soft grass.