Briggs and Stratton 42E707 won't stay running

NewGuyOldMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
There was fuel or should i say water in the float bowl. But all is well let her dry out for a few days primed the fuel bowl and fuel line and she fired right up and ran strong. The only question I have left is did the water get in the fuel system from condensation and me not running it for a while or do you think the top of my tank may have a leak. Thanks again for all your help. I feel silly thinking this was a mechanical failure and it was something so simple as watered down fuel.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am sure some of it was condensation, other, just water in the gas.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
And never leave a half full can (tank) out in the sun....!:thumbsup:

Microfarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
This sounds exactly like what's happening with my 42" Craftsman with the same engine. I will have to see if I can find the fuel tank drain tomorrow. That will be fun, the way the tank is ensconced in the rear frame. I'm guessing with all the rain we had recently, and it sat outside, probably some water got in the tank. If that's all it is, hopefully draining the water out of the tank will do the trick.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very rare to get water entering via the tank.
Condensation is the most common and of course water entering via the air filter when the mower is left in the rain.
A fuel tank should always be left either empty or full.
Over time a lot of water builds up in fuel cans which unless you have a water trap funnel will end up in the fuel tank.

Microfarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very rare to get water entering via the tank.
Condensation is the most common and of course water entering via the air filter when the mower is left in the rain.
A fuel tank should always be left either empty or full.
Over time a lot of water builds up in fuel cans which unless you have a water trap funnel will end up in the fuel tank.

Thanks, Bert. I got mine going after a while.

Just had to choke it a lot. Finally got it going good. I think it got swamped in the heavy rain storm we had here, and water must have gotten into the air cleaner area. I've got it tarped now.