Hard to find Craftsman Lawn Tractor part

JCAllison

Threads
Hey All,
Need your help. I have a Model Number 917.270622 Craftsman, 15.5 Electric Start, 42" Lawn Tractor with a Hydrostatic Transmission. The shift lever has worn out. Had the Lawn Mower Shop come pick it up to repair. They allows as to how they cannot find the necessary part.

I told them that I was subscribed to the Lawn Mower Forum, that you guys have always been helpful, and that you all might be able to find this part for us.

In the Owner's Manual, Page 38 shows an exploded view of the "Ground Drive". The part needed is: Key Number 81, Part Number 161081, Asm, Shaft.

We searched the Sears Parts Website, but they don't find the aforementioned 161081 parts number.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hope this finds you all doing well.

JCAllison

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have the correct part number listed. It is available from any Husqvarna/poulan dealer.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I looked up your tractor on Sear's site, and it came up fine.

JCAllison

Threads
You have the correct part number listed. It is available from any Husqvarna/poulan dealer.

Hey Mr. I,
Thanks for the prompt response.

Alas, living in the deepest, darkest part of the Deep East Texas Pineywood forest, there are no Husqvarna/Poulan dealers in the area.

Googled Craftsman 161081 and got an Amazon listing by a 4.85 (out of 5) stars rated merchant called MowTown. They have the part. $16.99 + shipping. Ordered that puppy. It is supposed to be here between August 28, and September 6, 2013. Am awaiting confirmation from Amazon by E-Mail to find out what they are charging for shipping.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply. You guys have always been VERY helpful.

Take excellent care.

JC

JCAllison

Threads
I looked up your tractor on Sear's site, and it came up fine.

Hey Mr. F.,
But did they have the part? Googled Sears Craftsman Riding Mowers and did a search for a 161081 Asm Shaft, and they had no listing for the part.

Also, the guys at the Lawn Mower Shop said that they were unable to get one from Sears because the Craftsman Lawn Tractor is a 2000 model and it is just too old. It's in great shape for being as old as it is, but it's just wearing out piece by piece.

Anyway, thanks for the prompt response. It is sincerely appreciated.

JC

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Mr. I,
Thanks for the prompt response.

Alas, living in the deepest, darkest part of the Deep East Texas Pineywood forest, there are no Husqvarna/Poulan dealers in the area.

Googled Craftsman 161081 and got an Amazon listing by a 4.85 (out of 5) stars rated merchant called MowTown. They have the part. $16.99 + shipping. Ordered that puppy. It is supposed to be here between August 28, and September 6, 2013. Am awaiting confirmation from Amazon by E-Mail to find out what they are charging for shipping.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply. You guys have always been VERY helpful.

Take excellent care.

JC

Heck, any mower shop is a Poulan dealer, My dist. could dropship you that part and you would have it by Mon.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just checked, my dist. has it on backorder, as does your Amazon source, which is why they gave a long estimate.

JCAllison

Threads
Just checked, my dist. has it on backorder, as does your Amazon source, which is why they gave a long estimate.

Hey Mr. F,
Got an E-Mail from MowTownUSA and they have canceled the order because the part is no longer being produced. Found another listing by M&D and they are listing the part for 29.75 including shipping. They may be out of the part too and just don't know it yet. We'll just have to wait and see. They said that it would ship within 5 to 10 days.

Isn't this fun you guys? :)

JC

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you click on the link I put up in my last post? Sears said that they had it in stock.