Welcome to the Dixie Chopper Forum!

Threads
Justin,
I'm certainly no expert but from past experience I might suggest some possible causes. #1: Deck is hanging uneven.(Check the bolts that hold the chain "deck hanging" links to be sure one is not loose or bent.) #2: A dull blade/bent blade. #3: Something I check every time I mow= Tire Air Pressure. #4: If you are having to "poke along" then try mowing at full engine speed,(not full forward speed) with sharp balanced blades, equally aired up tires according to specifications and a leveled deck. Maybe check the "anti-scalping" rollers to see if they are turning freely.?????
Things can and do get out of whack when you change bearings, belts, and blades. For example: I've noticed on my Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2750 that the blades all have two thick washers,(like a full 1/8th of an inch thick) between the blade and the spindle shaft. If you were to lose a washer or forget to put it back on then the blades would be cutting at different heights.
I'm not sure if all DCs have two thick washers (plus the fiber cushioning washer between the blade and the spindle shaft or not?
Do you perform you own maintenance? Dealer's employees aren't perfect any more than I am. Perhaps something was overlooked at service time?

Thanks for the advice but I have checked everything you have mentioned with no luck. My father in laws brand new chopper would every now and then leave a part of a strip as well. It would make you think you missed a spot. The more I read the more I found out that this is a chopper common problem and everyone had opinions on how to make it less noticeable. So long story short, I am done with choppers. I was talking to a guy the other day who loved them more than me and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I sold it. It is gone and out of my hair now. Thanks for the help.

Scubasonic

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Dixie Chopper mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Just got a new DC Silver Eagle 60"

jfaceit

Forum Newbie
Threads
how do i increase the speed of my chopper 2008 silver eagle series

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Increase the OD of your tires. Hydros have a fixed speed controlled by input speed that if you increase you will destroy the seals.

dlp571@frontier.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks; I feel very welcome.

I'm just looking for some insight here. This year we bought a demo 2010 Silver Eagle and love it.

However, at about 50 hours the LED began blinking between the hours of use and "Change Oil".... which is confusing because we bought it with about 20 hours on it, and they did the whole oil/filter change before delivery.

Of course it's a holiday week, so our dealer's not at his phone (which makes perfect sense to me). However, this could be one of three things:

1) an annoying and poorly-timed reminder to do an oil change that shouldn't be necessary for another 50 hours of use,
2) a bad pressure sensor, or
3) a REAL issue that's gonna take some in-shop work.

i can't be taking chances with this thing, and don't feel like changing oil and filter until 1) i have enough oil, and 2) i know that's the solution.

has anyone out there had issues with this?

Silver EAGLE 2760HP. i think it's a Genelac engine.

Thanks!
Did you say it was lighting up in between where the lights are

Jeffroe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I'm very new to zero turns. I did a little reading and liked what I saw out of the DC's so I searched and bought an old beater with claimed low hours. It's a 1999 XWD 2600. It was pretty neglected and used roughly sitting outside the last three years as it was one of thirteen in a commercial setting. But lucky for it it was a 60" and they had mostly 72's so I saw where the two Dixie's sat and it really looked like they didn't get used as much. So I spent 20 hard hours heating,bending, light welding, painting, polishing and now this is what I have. I have the manual and after reading there are a few things that are very unclear. So I have some very basic questions if someone doesn't mind answering I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

cpg

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Dixie Chopper mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Thanks for accepting me,I I currently don't own a Dixie,but I'm in the market for a new mower , and I think I found a good deal on a used iron eagle. But as I don't Kno much about them, I am looking here for advice,thank you!

wlader1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

Bill here, just bought my neighbor's 2007 Classic and mowed my 3 acre property in under 3 hours! I am pretty stoked about the speed and quality of cut I received.

imafishingfred

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm Fred and I have a 2007 50" Silver Eagle. I hope this forum will be useful in finding replacement items for my mower.

jeffdoss

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I am strongly considering purchasing a Dixie Chopper; trying to decide between the Eagle 60" 27 HP Kawasaki and Eagle HP 60" 31 HP Kawasaki. I mow 5 acres and want something that will last a long time. Any advice?

Also, I know DC has changed hands again, commercially, I not aware of anything that I should be concerned about. But any information is helpful.

I currently own a 2009 Bad Boy 60" 27 HP Kohler, but the drive gears are leaking and shot.