Welcome to the Dixie Chopper Forum!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Dixie Chopper mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

twinsett

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought last years Classic model & love it. I mow 6 acres in less than half the time it use to take to bush hog it. It does like gas, but I guess that goes with the speed.

noma

Threads
Welcome aboaed twinsett

Glad to see new member join lmf and a lot of times when you get a machine that goes faster it uses more gas it usally takes a bigger engine to go the faster speed and you cut a 54 inch path to.:smile:

Ogie

Forum Newbie
Threads
First of all I want to say Thank You to the forum administrators for adding the Dixie Choppers to this forum..Way to go!!!!!:cloud9:

Ok Guys, Let's show everybody what we are doing with our "Chopper's". I have a "High Performance" model with a 60" cut. I have modified a 26 gallon atv sprayer tank to fit my chopper and will post photo's soon. This sprayer is a great investment and I use it to spray for the nasty bahia weed on my property...What a thrill to see thay bahia go away. I say go away because it does return. I tell my friends that you cannot eliminate it but you can control it and the sprayer does it very well.I also purchased a brand name yard vac and its works quite well. I had to make a special attachment in order to connect the exhaust tube. If you use the idea that the vac company shows you need to remove the Operator Controlled Discharge (OCD). I did not have to remove mine. Pic's later if anyone interested.
I have towed utility trailers around on my property so the tow capacity is pretty good. I have a 34 foot "ex" camper frame that I can pull with it.
My next addition is a Convertable top to use here in the summer sun. I intend to make it myself and also will post pictures when it's done.
This past summer I bit the bullet and bought the springer front wheel forks and they seem to be doing OK, but nothing to brag about.
I am a member of a radio controlled airplane club and cut the grass there with my own mower. The club owns a small mower and it takes them about four hours to mow the field, I do it in an hour and 15 minutes.

mrmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do you become a Dixie CHopper Territory Manager?

Threads
Can some one help me please? I posted a thread on here (Needing Parts) and now it won't let me back on it.:frown: Did I do or doing some thing wrong? Thanks.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are a few key words that when used in thread titles can block or stop them....
Depending on what your title was .... that may be what happened..
Try again, with a bit different title... :smile:KennyV

thetowman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I love my silver eagle 44'' cut with 26 hp generac very powerful very impressed with its performance! So powerful the only problems i've ever had is the nuts and bolts for the drive pumps keep vibrating loose will in turn cause tire and gas tank damage if u don't pay attention but i am modifiying this problem with a simple fix putting locktite on the bolts with lock nuts instead of standard nuts! will let everyone know how it works!! Oh and another piece of advice to new owners, whenever your first oil change is due replace with the same as the factory Lucas 15w40 , the standard small engine sae 30 causes the engine to run hotter and work harder i've noticed in mine! since i've run this Lucas 15w40 in my 93 suburban and replaced back in my machine!! Love my chopper!!--jason:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nocolon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 19 year old x2000 60' cut that I Bought last year. It is on its third Kohler engine and the deck has been replaced. I worked for a landscaper that purchased the mower new. I use to use it daily for 3years , then I got into a diferent line of work. Last year I heard it was for sale so I had to have it. Now when I mow my lawn its like having a long lost friend back. How many other makers of mowers can have that longevity?