Push Mower Cable Control Alternative

RogerT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a 2005 Troy Bilt Push Mower and the cable control recently broke. I can easily order a replacement control cable but now I'm thinking I'd rather devise something that would just keep the engine running without me having to keep the cable held.

Does anyone have any ideas or know where I can buy something that will keep the ending running without me having the hold the cable down?

Thank you, Roger

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, I have a 2005 Troy Bilt Push Mower and the cable control recently broke. I can easily order a replacement control cable but now I'm thinking I'd rather devise something that would just keep the engine running without me having to keep the cable held.

Does anyone have any ideas or know where I can buy something that will keep the ending running without me having the hold the cable down?

Thank you, Roger

The best and right way is a new cable.

However I have seen people take the little lever and use bailing wire to hold it in engaged position. And pull the plug boot to kill motor. This is unsafe you can get hurt or things can be thrown from constantly spinning blade. Or if the plug boot is worn and you use an improper tool you can get shocked.

Cables are cheap....

Brucebotti

Threads
The best and right way is a new cable.

However I have seen people take the little lever and use bailing wire to hold it in engaged position. And pull the plug boot to kill motor. This is unsafe you can get hurt or things can be thrown from constantly spinning blade. Or if the plug boot is worn and you use an improper tool you can get shocked.

Cables are cheap....

I have to agree with you. I always think about doing things like that, and its fine if you only endanger yourself. But if one of my kids or grandsons got hurt because of it, I would never forgive myself.
Bruce