zd28 stops running

rourke

Forum Newbie
Threads
my Kabota zd28 zero turn deisel, stops running after ten minutes, and it won't even crank afterwards. it has done this repeatedly. my only solution has been let it sit , try it again and again, then mysteriously it cranks and starts. let me add, when it stops running, it stops like you just turned it off, no sputtering etc.

ssduke2

Forum Newbie
Threads
my Kabota zd28 zero turn deisel, stops running after ten minutes, and it won't even crank afterwards. it has done this repeatedly. my only solution has been let it sit , try it again and again, then mysteriously it cranks and starts. let me add, when it stops running, it stops like you just turned it off, no sputtering etc.

I had the same problem with my 3060. front deck mower. The problem got worse over time until the mower would hardly run at all. I had the company that I bought it from come and pick it up and they found a senser that was bad and replaced it. This senser cost right around $150 and the total for fixing it was just over $400. That was a relief to me. I paid just over $18.400 for the machine in 1998.

I did replace the fuel pump and one other device that could have been the cause of the problem. So those parts are now new but they also cost right around $250 together. All in all, I've had the machine since 1998 or 1999 and never had a problem with it. It now has just over 1200 hours on it. I really love that machine. I cut all of my acrage, 9-1/2 all together and the mower has a 72 inch deck.
Duke