Snapper 6.75 HP starting problems. PLEASE HELP

youda97

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am hoping someone might have a suggestion for me on repair. I bought a used 6.75 snapper that had starting issues. The issue was when you first started it was very hard to start. Had to keep pulling 20 plus times to get it started. After running the engine just sounded like it was running rough. I tried to run some sea foam through it to see if that would help but that did not to do anything. Then after you shut it off to empty the bag it would not restart. I then decided to take it to my local small engine repair shop. The shop put a new air filter, adjusted the vales and did some carb work. (their words) When I got it home it was still hard to start. I didnt have to pull it near as many times but it did start a little better. When it ran it sounded a lot smoother. When you shut it off, it was hard to restart. So I loaded it up and took back to the repair shop for "warrenty" work. Then the said the problem was the ignition coil and that it had inconstant spark and needed to be replaced. I authorized that. Took home, same issues as the last time. Starts a little better but after running and shutting off to empty bag very hard to start again. I have kinda lost faith in the repair shop. Any ideas as to what it could be?

possum

Threads
The next time you run it and it will not start warmed up take the air filter off and see if the choke is open or shut. The choke should be open when starting a hot engine.

youda97

Forum Newbie
Threads
The next time you run it and it will not start warmed up take the air filter off and see if the choke is open or shut. The choke should be open when starting a hot engine.

Thank you I will try that next and let you know how it goes.