Mower deck Clogged deck

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 1500Z with a 48" mower deck.
My problem is the deck gets clogged up any time I'm mowing. I have taken the deck off and had it sandblasted and repainted. Seemed to help but still have basically the same problem. I never mow when the grass is wet but the clippings still accumulate under the deck. I wash out the deck every time I mow. Does anyone else have this problem???
I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

It's a common problem and can be caused by the cutting height your using or trying to mow to fast or it could be the deck itself. There are decks that do well at discharging the grass and some that don't, most ztr's do a decent job. If your just trying to discharge make sure you have a good set of high lift blades, if your trying to mulch or cut your grass finer try using Gator Blades. Accumulating grass under a deck is a problem people have tried to find a solution to or remedy for forever, people have tried all kinds of sprays, paints and who knows what and never found a way to stop it from happening and probably never will. However I can tell you, you never heat a lawn mower blade because they will lose there temper and wont they will not hold an edge long and are are basically worthless if you do.