My junk yard UTV

ncredleg

Threads
I have been pricing UTV`s and just can not justify the expense. So, I have decided to build something from two old Snapper RERs that I have .I cut out all of the rust and the damaged seat bracket that you see. Ordered new Sno Hog tires for the rear and am going to change the front end to give more ground clearance with taller tires.I have cut 12"s from the front of the one without a motor and will be grafting it onto the other other one.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

ncredleg

Threads
Separated the chassis from the frame and welded it together with appropriate bracing.It has been many years since I have struck an arc , so be gentle.:laughing:
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

RockHound

Threads
It looks good! I wish I had that skill. I can barely change the belts when they need it. I usually get someone local to change oil and filters for me every year when we start mowing and then again when we put it up for the winter. The plan has worked well so far.:thumbsup:

ncredleg

Threads
Could`nt find the rectangle tubing at the salvage yard that I wanted for the front -end , so bought a 20ft length of 11 gauge 3" by 1 1/2 " at retail -$62.00 later :eek:.
I am going to reuse the deck with a 5 hp Briggs and hang it on the front from brackets .
Won`t be able to reuse the original front-end due to larger tires and spindles.