What's The Difference?!?

gabowman

Threads
Other than the obvious, the breakdown ROPS and the FX motor vrs. the FS motor, what are the differences between the FasTrak and the FasTrak Super Duty? Seems like the SD has a bigger fuel tank.

Comparing those two mowers on the Hustler website the specs match up perfectly as twins. I'm headed to a dealership tomorrow to find out exactly what are different between the two making the Super Duty cost so much more than the FasTrak. Any ideas?!?

gabowman

Threads
Did a little comparison checks on the 'net and came up with these...

Fastrak: Deck Drive-Single V-belt from engine with electric clutch to 2 spindles. Spring tension idler for extended belt life.

Super Duty: Deck Drive-V-drive belt to all 3 spindles. Spring tension idler for extended belt life.

...and...

trim capacity (left side)

Fastrak- 4.5"
SD- 2.5"

Anybody know what theyre talking about here? everything else seems to have the same exact specs? Other than a few percs like a seat upgrade or foldable ROPS, these machines seem exactly the same on specs other than the motor?!?

Threads
Did a little comparison checks on the 'net and came up with these...

Fastrak: Deck Drive-Single V-belt from engine with electric clutch to 2 spindles. Spring tension idler for extended belt life.

Super Duty: Deck Drive-V-drive belt to all 3 spindles. Spring tension idler for extended belt life.

...and...

trim capacity (left side)

Fastrak- 4.5"
SD- 2.5"

Anybody know what theyre talking about here? everything else seems to have the same exact specs? Other than a few percs like a seat upgrade or foldable ROPS, these machines seem exactly the same on specs other than the motor?!?

Could just be an excuse for you to spend more of your money...IDK. :confused3:

DJ660

Threads
Fastrak- FS Kawi, Non Foldable ROPS, PLASTIC deck idler pulleys, LOW lift Blades on ALL deck Configs.

Fastrak Super Duty- FX Kawi w\Remote A\F, Foldable ROPS, STEEL deck ider pulleys, HIGH lift blades on all deck configs.

Other than this they ARE the SAME machine.

Tom59

Threads
I went through this a few months ago one other difference is the foot deck is removable on the SD. The seat is different too. Warranty is also longer. The deck sizes you have more choices down to 36"

Same fuel capacity.

You can slowly swap over to the SD parts as yours becomes worn.

I'd love to find the donaldson air cleaner for my machine! hint-

PVHIII

Threads
Other than the obvious, the breakdown ROPS and the FX motor vrs. the FS motor, what are the differences between the FasTrak and the FasTrak Super Duty? Seems like the SD has a bigger fuel tank.

Comparing those two mowers on the Hustler website the specs match up perfectly as twins. I'm headed to a dealership tomorrow to find out exactly what are different between the two making the Super Duty cost so much more than the FasTrak. Any ideas?!?

Better engine on the SD & all metal pulleys on the SD...SD also has the Donaldson Air Filtration System..just a few differences I'm aware of.I just Purchased a Fastrak SD and I have ZERO complaints

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Just how much is "so much more" when comparing the same size deck FasTrak and FasTrak SD??? Based upon the differences pointed out thus far the choice is whether the price difference is worth the components/warranty difference.

Tom59

Threads
Just how much is "so much more" when comparing the same size deck FasTrak and FasTrak SD??? Based upon the differences pointed out thus far the choice is whether the price difference is worth the components/warranty difference.

Here is was 900.00 more iirc. I see prices all over the place here though.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is was 900.00 more iirc. I see prices all over the place here though.

That's about par for what I saw when I was shopping, regardless of the brand. Any time you "moved up a series" the price went up approximately $1K for the same sized deck.